Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, May 13, 2009 11:32 PM

Ski36Ossipee
Skis At: Ossipee Lake
Foot Forward: Left

A new ski for my sister

My sister is in desperate need of a new ski as hers is small and a little beat up. She can run the course any where from 22-26 mph @ 15 off and is making very good progress; she is just under 5 feet tall and weighs 100 lbs. I talked to Wade last summer andhe had said that he has seen girls at her level and size do well on the small monza. I had the new HO Couture in mind because it is based off of the monza and has the girly graphics that she is looking for. She wants something that looks girly and there is not much out there that is, and i keep reminding her about this. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks

Last edited by Ski 36@Ossipee (Wed, May 13, 2009 11:44 PM)

#2 Thu, May 14, 2009 3:08 AM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Re: A new ski for my sister

How old is she?

#3 Thu, May 14, 2009 10:49 AM

Ski36Ossipee

She is 14. We've been looking at the Radar Lyric for her as well, but concerned about her being able to handle the length of the ski. Also a couple of OBrien skis, the Prima and the Podium, but don't have much info about them. Any advice/thoughts you have would be great!Thanks!

#4 Thu, May 14, 2009 3:32 PM

rod0041

Based on her weight and skiing speed a 65" would be about right... the Lyric wouldnt be a bad choice.... as an option there is the Junior D3 Xfive Rose which comes in a 63.5", however at her current weight and speed the Junior D3 is too small based on the recommended sizes on the website.... The D3 is also available in a 65"... but it is not a "junior" ski and therefore even more pricey.

#5 Fri, May 15, 2009 5:45 AM

Blair

the prima is an old kidder mold (cant remember which one off the top of my head) but it is an awesome ski... i wouldnt hesitate to reccomend it for her,

i havent looked too hard at the podium.  depending on which boots you are looking at i may steer you away from the obrien ski, i have looked at the new obrien bindings for this year and have been sadly dissapointed...

#6 Tue, May 19, 2009 6:42 PM

Ski36Ossipee

Thanks for the input guys. We ended up finding a great deal on the Goode 9800 Makai. The ski will be great for her now and will last for years to come because it is a very advanced ski as well.

Board footer