Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, May 7, 2009 3:46 PM

jz

Lake Norman Ski Sites

Moomba1,  Is there a course on Lake Norman?  I sometimes visit friends in Charlotte and would love to get a cpl sets in if I can.  Thanks.

#2 Fri, May 8, 2009 11:06 AM

moomba1
Foot Forward: right ft

Re: Lake Norman Ski Sites

several.i have my own thats out from oct 1 to june 1.the north end of the lake turns into a river for about 5 miles and is slalom utopia.if you come to town shoot me an email at [email protected] with great people, have several boats happy to give you a pull.

dont be afraid

#3 Mon, May 11, 2009 1:33 PM

ColinBuchanan
Skis At: SkiTek
Foot Forward: Left

I've been  living in Orlando since last year but the last time I was home the course on Lake Davidson was still up. Right side of I-77 between exits 30 and 33. Pretty much it is the best site in the area so I hope it is still there LNMC......

#4 Fri, May 15, 2009 6:50 PM

Terry_in_NC
Skis At: 32mph
Foot Forward: Left

The course on Lake Davidson is still there.  There has been a battle with the Town of Davidson trying to turn it into a "Walden Pond" only for passive watersports, i.e canoeing, sailing, swimming, etc.  Due to the hard work of a lot of people, this has recently been shot down. Hopefully, forever. 

As the former president of the Lake Norman Ski Club I can tell you that this fight has been going on for 3 years.  The club keeps the permit for the course up-to-date with the Lake Norman Marine Commission as well as performing all maintenance.

The course is available for the public to use but if you are not a club member please carry some extra buoys with you and repair as needed.  It makes our job easier.

For more information on the club or to contact us go to www.lakenormanskiclub.8m.com

Next week the club starts its Tuesday night slalom get togethers outside of Vinnie's off exit 33.  We have a submersible course there for club members to use.  Stop by and if there is room you can get a guest pull.  If there is too much boat traffic or bad weather we just go to Vinnies for appetizers and beer.

Last edited by Terry_in_NC (Fri, May 15, 2009 6:55 PM)

Board footer