Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, May 7, 2009 9:31 PM

jmccavit
Foot Forward: Left

How to Heat Mold RS-1w/Superfeet?

What is the proper procedure for heat molding RS-1 liners when using Superfeet insoles?

1. Put Superfeet insoles inside liner and place bindings on intuition heater and mold to foot.

or

2. Heat liners normally and mold to foot without Superfeet insoles, place Superfeet in liner after they are molded.

or

3. Heat liner normally, place Superfeet in liners, place foot inside and mold.

#2 Thu, May 7, 2009 9:58 PM

miski
Skis At: Jepawhit, Lyons, SkiTec
Foot Forward: Left

Re: How to Heat Mold RS-1w/Superfeet?

I'm no help here, but have a similar question - I would like to mold just a section on the inside of my ankle. Has anyone tried a hair dryer (is hot enough or too hot) to just heat a portion of the liner?

#3 Thu, May 7, 2009 11:22 PM

tjo
Foot Forward: Right

Don't know the answer to the second question about the hair dryer, but as to the first...

My local dealer heat molded mine for me and they did it according to your option #3.

Travis Ogden

#4 Fri, May 8, 2009 2:04 AM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

miski wrote:

I'm no help here, but have a similar question - I would like to mold just a section on the inside of my ankle. Has anyone tried a hair dryer (is hot enough or too hot) to just heat a portion of the liner?

I assume your wanting more room not less. Why not just remold the entire liner? (they can be remolded several times) maybe try using some extra padding, like a piece of sponge under your sock while heat molding where I assume you need more room.

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#5 Fri, May 8, 2009 3:32 AM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

I heat the liner first, quickly place the footbed inside the liner, put the liner inside the boot, put my foot into the liner/boot and lace it up.  I stand on it like I am riding my ski and wait for it to cool to room temperature.  I tend to do one boot at a time.

Spot heating is a good idea but I have not tried it as the base of my foot in the RS1 needs fitting.

Board footer