Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, May 6, 2009 2:40 AM

rod0041

RS-1 boot sizing

I'm looking at getting some RS1's - I'm a size 8 shoe... however when I try the Rs1's in an 8 my toes are pushed pretty tight to the front - will this go away with heat molding?? as an option I can go up to a 9, but they feel a little lose/sloppy - I'm assuming footbeds would solve some of that problem.... do I go with 8's or 9's??? Do these binding pack out allot with heat molding??

#2 Wed, May 6, 2009 3:02 AM

2gofaster

Re: RS-1 boot sizing

I would go with the 9s and heat mold them.

Shane Hill

#3 Wed, May 6, 2009 2:49 PM

tjo
Foot Forward: Right

I'm a size 8 or 8.5 and I went with the 9's for the RS-1's.  With footbed and heat molded they feel perfect.

Travis Ogden

#4 Wed, May 6, 2009 3:29 PM

rod0041

Thanks - 9s it is!

#5 Wed, May 6, 2009 4:17 PM

ScotChipman

If you go with the 9's I would plan on a footbed, would think you could go with the 8's with no footbed. I measure 9.5 and have size 9 RS-1's with no footbed.

Scot Chipman

#6 Fri, May 8, 2009 11:11 AM

DanE

I´m also close to a 9,5 going with size 9.My experience is that with a footbed the problem with the big toe pushing against the front of the boot went away (with some heat molding and extra stuffing in the toe area). My reasoning for this is that when I use arch support my feet actually become a little shorter compared to standing on a flat footbed.Makes sense? Yellow superfeet.

#7 Fri, May 8, 2009 1:36 PM

rod0041

Thanks Dan,

with regards to footbeds - are there certain types that are recommended?? Do the footbeds inhibit the release in the event of a fall???

#8 Fri, May 8, 2009 5:27 PM

ScotChipman

Good point DanE.

Since we are the same size I was wondering what size yellow Superfeet you bought? D (7.5-9) or E (9.5-11)?

Last edited by scotchipman (Fri, May 8, 2009 5:31 PM)

Scot Chipman

#9 Fri, May 8, 2009 9:23 PM

DanE

I went with size E, I tried (stood) on a pair of D:s and they were clearly too small for me.
Still had to trim the E:s some to fit them into the liner.
About what kind of insoles to use the superfeet seems popular and I just took Chris Rossis word for it  when he posted that he uses the grey ones wich are now the yellow superfeet.

Last edited by DanE (Fri, May 8, 2009 9:29 PM)

Board footer