Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sat, May 2, 2009 8:38 PM

Blair

Connelly Enzo Bindings

Wade and anyone else that has had a chance to ski both.

I am picking up a new ski this spring, I am getting a 67 F1X, (its my 3rd season on a ski, 2nd season skiing the course)  My goals for this summer are to consistently get my 15 off pass at 30 MPH and my 22 off pass at 28MPH  (got 15@28 last season)

I was on a 67 concept with double drafts for the last 2 seasons, i loved the drafts and the responsiveness that i had with them.

Our shop got our first batch of Enzo's in on thursday i am now debating between drafts or enzo's.

will the lower cut but stiffer enzo be a dramaticly better boot than the draft that i have skied on for the past 2 seasons??

#2 Sat, May 2, 2009 9:37 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Connelly Enzo Bindings

Blair -

I haven't had a chance to ski on the enzos but from what I can see they look like a great (better?) boot than the draft. If the pro shop will let you step into the enzo (they should, no soap required) I would try it out and see how you like the feel compared to the drafts.

I think the enzo looks like a better / safer boot. Like I say, haven't had a chance to ski with it yet though.

#3 Sun, May 3, 2009 6:47 PM

Blair

Wade

I actually work at the pro shop... when the bindings came in on thursday i had my feet in em, i had both on.

I guess ill just have to wait another week or 2 and then take sets of both out to the lake and ski with em both...

#4 Mon, May 4, 2009 9:56 AM

Andyb

Blair,

I skied with a draft boot & rtp, for two seasons. Great boot, but the quality is not so good, never ran them that tight on the top lace and loved the hinge. But out of the two seasons I have never come out completely, a friend of mine snapped his achilles in a revo boot. So I have tried the Animal boot, not for me now using the Radar Rail boot, which I have only had a couple of sets on but great boot. Haven't release from it yet, but can step out of them very easily and still have plenty of support.
Never had the chance to ski with the Enzo but if the same material as the draft I don't think I would release out of them. My two pence worth..

#5 Mon, May 4, 2009 12:34 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

http://connellyskis.com/enzo.php
http://connellyskis.com/draft.php

The enzo is a lot more low cut in the back allowing more ankle mobility. Without that extra material there I'm pretty sure the enzo has better releasability.

#6 Wed, May 6, 2009 5:29 PM

gjohnson

YES they will be.  Buy the Enzo’s if you plan on using Connelly bindings.

Last summer I used 08 Draft’s (black) and previous seasons HO Approach bindings.  I really liked the Draft’s, but struggled with the rear binding when the laces were cinched tight.  I’ve only skied on the Enzo’s a couple of times.  Already they’ve been a huge improvement over the Draft’s for me.  The rear boot is fantastic.  The ankle has more forward mobility than anything I’ve used in the past.  They have great support as well.

Board footer