Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, May 1, 2009 5:31 PM

sethro

Size 13 RS-1 Binding

Every pair of shoes or boots I have purchased since I've been in the 8th grade has been size 13...every different brand.  I'm pretty confident I have a size 13 foot.  I see RS-1 sizing only goes up to 12, and I hear from others discussing the binding that they even run a little small.

Anyone out there with a size 13 foot using the RS-1?  I'm a couple hours drive from any shop that I could try them on.

#2 Wed, Sep 2, 2009 3:40 PM

tzorn

Re: Size 13 RS-1 Binding

I recently went to RS1 boots (on an Annex ski), and wear size 13 athletic shoes, but often wear smaller (11.5 - 12) street shoes.  So maybe I'm a smaller size 13 or a 12+?  Anyway, when the boots arrived, my toes were uncomfortably tight to the front.  I heat molded them (following instructions on Jager Sports site, using the toe cap), and that created more room so my toes still touch the front but not uncomfortably, kind of like a good snow ski boot fit.  Now that I've skied a few sets on them, I can say they're very comfortable.  And the 12 happens to be the right size for me.  A lot more comfortable than getting my feet crushed in my Wiley's Pro Builds for sure (the reason I went to the RS1s)!  So for me, I wouldn't want a larger shell as I think the boot would feel less precise.  I hear the 2010 RS1s may be available in 13s, but I haven't seen those anywhere yet.

#3 Mon, Sep 7, 2009 1:12 PM

tzorn

Minor update, ... I also recently put a Superfeet (blue) insole in the RS-1 liner, and I think this also creates an effect of slightly shortening the lenght of a flatish foot inside the liner.  If you already have a good arch to your foot, it might not make a difference at all, but if one measures a 13 and has flat feet, creating some arch could help with the sizing.  I didn't need to re-heat mold the boot, they remained very comfortable, are responsive, and are my favorite bindings to date (I've primarily skied Wiley's, and the HO line-up, Approach, Animal and Venom).  I'm also adding a pair of these insoles to my downhill ski boots, hoping for the same effect, as well as some arch support.  Good luck!

#4 Mon, Sep 7, 2009 5:17 PM

sethro

Thanks for the info tzorn.

I have very flat feet and need orthodics for my shoes/boots.  I've never used insoles in my bindings, but I can sure feel my arch "unsupported" while in my Approach bindings.  It is on my list of things to do to find a Superfeet dealer and try some insoles for my bindings.

Thanks again.

#5 Tue, Sep 8, 2009 2:01 PM

tzorn

Just an FYI, I ordered my Superfeet insoles right off the Superfeet website.  They were $35/pair, plus $7 for shipping.  It might be easier than finding a retailier, and they arrived in less than a week.  Good luck!

Board footer