Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, Apr 21, 2009 10:34 PM

14adrnln

Help with RS-1 binding setup on HO A1

Hi,
I have some new RS-1 bindings and plate to bolt onto my new A1 and was wondering if I just aim for a neutral position for starters or is there a know better position forward or back to start with. If I were using HO bindings I would start off neutral but not sure if the RS-1 plate positions line up similarly if that makes sense.
Cheers
Scott

#2 Tue, Apr 21, 2009 11:29 PM

ColinBuchanan
Skis At: SkiTek
Foot Forward: Left

Re: Help with RS-1 binding setup on HO A1

You need to get the measurement from the tail of the ski to the heel of the front binding when you have the new bindings on the ski and then check that against the stock setting found on the A1 homepage.

www.proskicoach.com/skis/HO/A1/2009

This should give you a good starting point in setting up your new ski and bindings for this season. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

#3 Wed, Apr 22, 2009 12:04 AM

14adrnln

Cheers.
Thats a great help.

#4 Fri, Apr 24, 2009 12:01 AM

14adrnln

Just for interest sake, I have measured the distance with the neutral HO Animal bindings on the A1 and to achieve approx the same position with the RS-1 I have had to slide the base plate as far forward as it will go. Can't wait to try it out.
Cheers
Scott

#5 Thu, Apr 30, 2009 7:07 AM

14adrnln

Should the RS-1 boots be butted right up? I have gone one hole back from this which gives me approx a 15mm gap between the boots. Reason being is that with my old dbl Animal bindings on my System 8 my right foot (rear foot) big toe was approx 30mm from the back of the front boot. Is this too far away? I am going to give it a try this weekend. I skied on the A1 last weekend with my old Animal's on it and it was the most comfortable and useable ski I have ever adapted too that quickly.

Cheers
Scott

#6 Thu, Apr 30, 2009 1:10 PM

ColinBuchanan
Skis At: SkiTek
Foot Forward: Left

Glad to hear your new ski is killing it! As for the distance between your new boots, I cut the toe off of my back Fogman boot to get them closer together. In short, unless your super tall you can put your bindings very close together and it will just put you in a better position over the sweet spot of the ski.

#7 Fri, May 1, 2009 3:34 AM

14adrnln

Cool.
Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a go this weekend.

Cheers
Scott

#8 Fri, May 1, 2009 5:06 PM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

I like my feet as close together as possible.

#9 Mon, May 4, 2009 4:07 AM

14adrnln

Tested out the A1 setup on the weekend with the RS-1's nice and close and it was amazing. The overall feeling of the ride was so predictable and responsive at 34mph. I really felt in control and best of all my feet weren't numb after the session. I also found those bindings put me in a very consistant position on top of the ski through my edge change right through to the completion of the turn which I always struggled a little with before. I also really liked the fact that the overall ride felt like I had the ski custom made for me which gave me heaps more confidence in the setup right from the word go. With a few hours of off season skiing ahead of me now I am sure I'll be pulling of some PB's throughout next summer. Thanks again for all the helpful advice.
Cheers
Scott

Board footer