Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sat, Mar 21, 2009 5:23 AM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Ski Better with Pro Ski Coach in 2009

Overnight we uploaded the latest version of the website!

The new site features:

-> Better Mobile Support
-> Lightweight Framework (faster load time)
-> New comprehensive Skis Section with Reviews, Ratings and Recommended Settings
-> Streamlined Forum Integration
-> No Ads on the Forum for Members

With your FREE MEMBERSHIP you get
-> Access to My Ski Log. Track your sets and use this as your study guide for your slalom this summer.
-> Access to the Forum. Join the community!
-> Access to Virtual Coaching

The Importance of Using My Ski Log
Coaches for years have spoke up about how important it its to track your progress over time. Now with this new online application, it's easier than ever to track your sets. Yet, of nearly 1,000 forum members, only about 1/10 of you have taken the time to sign up and start your log.
Using the on line log is faster and easier than using a paper journal. It's more secure - no one can steal it, loose it, or get it wet. Our server is extremely redundant and is backed up frequently.
Whether or not you log every set will make a difference in your skiing. Right now I can look back into my ski log and see the top 10 best sets I've skied in the last year, and read what I was thinking about during those sets. Think this is an advantage?

Virtual Coaching coming to Limited Members on April 1
Virtual Coaching from various Pro Ski Coaches will become available to limited members on the first of April. This new tool will be available to everyone before May. It will not be free. It won't really be that cheap either. But let's remember what we're talking about here:

1) No travel required to ski with the top slalom pros out there.
2) Take sets at your home lake where you're comfortable.
3) Upload your media to your own personalized lesson page
4) Your selected pro will work with you through the course of your lesson and finish up with a 20 minute phone call.
5) Integration with My Ski Log, so your pro can see your log and your settings. Keep your log up-to-date so that pro skiers can help you better.

#2 Mon, Mar 23, 2009 5:12 PM

MChilcutt
Skis At: Utah Lake

Re: Ski Better with Pro Ski Coach in 2009

Wade,
The new site looks great and the virtual coaching is going to be the bomb! what an awesome idea. Any ideas on what the cost is going to be??

Thanks MC

#3 Mon, Mar 23, 2009 5:38 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough

Probably not cheap.

Considering you'll be getting one-on-one time with your pro, saving the cost of the trip to florida, rental car, hotel, etc... Dependent on what ski school you'd visit you'd spend inbetween 50 and 80 a set in addition to all the other vacation expenses.

This is something that is in high demand, everyone wants it -- and the supply is not very high. I can only handle a couple students at one time, same with the rest of the guys. If it were wicked cheap, no one would have a great experience because we'd be overwhelmed.

I would anticipate a cost of less than 12% of the average cost of a new slalom ski, according to the independent ski review prices of the top 8 skis this year. Considering the fact that virtual coaching will probably help you more than that new stick, this is still a great deal versus the florida trip.

The majority of the cost will go directly to the coach you select.

#4 Mon, Mar 23, 2009 6:35 PM

MChilcutt
Skis At: Utah Lake

Sounds good i will be watching as things unfold.

MC

#5 Mon, Mar 23, 2009 10:07 PM

Andyb

Brillant idea ! How many coaches have you got ?

#6 Tue, Mar 24, 2009 12:25 PM

ChrisRossi

Wade,
     Great work on the site and the updates.  I'm very excited about us being able to reach that many more skiers through the virtual coaching.  Anyone who does not already know, Wade is a motivated and exceptional coach.  He has paid his dues and will deliver what you seek.

Chris

Board footer