Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sat, Apr 4, 2009 7:50 PM

Andyb

RS-1 Boot and Fin Settings

Hi
Might get my first set tomorrow so thought I would check my fin setting so I have set up my ski log and noticed the fin setting is different to the previous posting from Chris. Are the settings on the database the new figures to use ? Also I am using a Animal boot with rtp, is the front boot measurement back of my heel or plastic horse shoe on back of the boot.

Thanks
Andy

#2 Sat, Apr 4, 2009 8:11 PM

ColinBuchanan
Skis At: SkiTek
Foot Forward: Left

Re: RS-1 Boot and Fin Settings

Settings in the skis database are recommended settings from the manufacturer but we also have setting's from Chris Rossi, Matt Rini and Thomas Moore for the RS-1. Just a matter of which settings work best for you.... As for the boot measurement you will need to measure from the back of the heel to the tail of the ski.

#3 Sun, Apr 5, 2009 12:02 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

The settings in the database are recommended as a starting point to dial in your gear. If you have already skied with your rs-1 and the fin is already dialed, save your own settingsrather than starting from the recommended position.

#4 Sun, Apr 5, 2009 6:11 PM

Andyb

I think I will go back to Rossi setting which I had last year, skied today after 6 months off completely crap -- can we enter that into the log?

Struggled with the ho animal binding as very tight tibia is this the norm.. was skiing on the draft before.

#5 Sun, Apr 5, 2009 6:33 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Haha, you can keep whatever info you need to in your log, it's private, until you select a coach for a virtual lesson.

I would caution against being too negative about your skiing in your log though. Those of you who are logging about how poorly your skiing went need to start looking at the bright side of things, in a more positive light, to help improve your skiing more.

#6 Sun, Apr 5, 2009 7:55 PM

Andyb

I will keep it on the bright side now !

Board footer