Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, Apr 2, 2009 1:29 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Virtual Coaching Available Now

Get a jump start on your season!!

Do you have video that you would like reviewed? Our new Virtual Coaching puts the power of MySkiLog to good use, along with Pro Coaches to give you an in depth overview of your skiing.

This is not just submitting a video and getting a few tips back.

We will do the work to help you understand what you need to do to ski better. This will be a full, in depth, one-on-one discussion with a pro. Get pointed in the right direction this spring, before you teach yourself bad habits that will last the summer!

As we are just starting out, this service is extremely limited at only 3 skiers per week. Be one of the first by, signing up at www.proskicoach.com/pros/coaching !

#2 Tue, Apr 7, 2009 3:00 AM

MChilcutt
Skis At: Utah Lake

Re: Virtual Coaching Available Now

Wade,
      I agree fully with what you are promoting and will be all over spreading the word.
I really need to ski for the next three weeks before getting any video that will be worth sending for [b]Virtual Coaching (Do U agree or not)??
Do you think i should get into ski shape before taking any video or should i get the ball rolling sooner??
Are you going to want to see some shortline skiing?
We are leaving Thursday for three days of free skiing Lake Mead hoping for no wind??
Thanks again the site is really nice.

MC

#3 Tue, Apr 7, 2009 12:44 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

With the introduction of Virtual Coaching I've been fielding this question even more than ever: Is it worth getting coaching at the beginning of the season? The answer is absolutely an overwhelming "YES". I can understand the reluctance you feel to spend your hard earned dollars on coaching when you already know you aren't skiing your best.

In the same breath, at the beginning of the season you are raw. You are moldable. Getting your mind in the right place with the instruction of a professional will show you what you need to be working on this season. If you want to jump-start your slalom for 2009, professional coaching is the path to success -- whether it's online or at ski school.

Our Virtual Coaching was not intended to correct bad habits developed due to an entire summer of skiing with core technique shortcomings. Our goal is to fully eliminate bad habits forever by teaching you the fundamentals right from the beginning. We are breaking down your skiing to the basics before building you back up. When you're fresh at the start of the season, it is extraordinarily easier for you to adapt your style to new concepts.

Even if you only have taken a set or two this year, or if you only have video from last season, the one-on-one discussions that you'll have with your Pro Ski Coach will help you immensely, regardless of how much skiing you've had in 2009.

Slalom success is based on your mental understanding of what you're trying to accomplish on the water. So many skiers have an incomplete understanding of the physics involved in slalom skiing -- These are the short comings that we will discuss at length in your Virtual Lesson.

The same arguments are in play if you're trying to decide on an early season trip to ski school. Taking your first few sets with a pro is the best money that you spend on your skiing. Sure, you're not going to ski your best out of the blocks -- but with a pro there to assist you every step of the way, right from the beginning of the season, you will set yourself up for success. Before your technique shortcomings can become bad habits, get the coaching you need to learn efficient slalom from the start.

VIRTUAL COACHING

#4 Tue, Apr 7, 2009 1:46 PM

MChilcutt

Thanks Wade
I will work on getting video in the next three weeks so we can get started.

MC

#5 Sat, Apr 18, 2009 10:54 PM

ChrisRossi

Wade nailed it in his response.  I prefer to work on new technique for the first month of the season.  Then I spend the middle of the summer dialing it in!  I return to newer ideas in the fall but find it considerably more difficult to implement due to the muscle memory ingrained from a years worth of sets.  Don't worry about what you look like on video.  We see through everything anyway!

#6 Mon, Apr 20, 2009 2:08 AM

MChilcutt

Rossi,
    Thanks for the input i am looking forward to the virtual coaching as one of my best tools to get me to the next level. Sorry we never hooked up for some snowmobiling maybe next winter hah.

MC

#7 Mon, Apr 20, 2009 4:07 PM

MChilcutt

Hoping to get some vid tomorrow. Got some free skiing lake mead last week but it turned out crappy my 14 year old daughter need some practice taking video.

MC

#8 Mon, Apr 20, 2009 4:20 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

#9 Mon, Apr 20, 2009 10:48 PM

ScotChipman

MC,

Paul or I can get some good video of you on Tuesday or Thursday!

Last edited by scotchipman (Tue, Apr 28, 2009 2:07 PM)

Scot Chipman

Board footer