Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sun, Mar 22, 2009 4:12 PM

LeonJones
Foot Forward: LFF

I couldnt wait.....

I had a Total Knee Replacement on Jan 5th of this year, after agonizing over to get it done or keep wating:/. I got such great support and feedback from this forum, I thought I'd post an update. I wasnt supposed to be on a ski until April 1st, but everything I've been doing with my rehab has been tougher on the knee than skiing, so what's 10 days:P? So, I skiied this past Friday. I thought I'd just get up and stand on the ski, nothing more. Well it felt so good, that I soon found myself working a nice smooth tempo of free skiing, 15' off at 30mph. My partners said it looked like I never took any time off, let alone had a freakin total knee replacement! I was SO psyced! I did about 8 passes of rhythmic free skiing. Most importantly, 48 hours later, the knee still feels great! It's a testament to the skill of a great surgeon, and serious rehab!

#2 Mon, Mar 23, 2009 12:58 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Re: I couldnt wait.....

Leon - glad to hear it's going well! Keep rehabbing and I'm sure we'll see you out here on the water soon.

#3 Mon, Mar 23, 2009 1:36 PM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

I caution you to take it slow even when things are feeling strong while coming back from injury or surgery.  I know that with my injury last season, I would have been much better off just rehabbing and resting for more than the time the doctor recommended.  It's tough to be off the water, but coming back early or over doing it when you do come back can lead to problems down the road.  In my case, the doctors said my rehab was going great and that I was all healed up.  I was recommended to "go for it" after skiing lightly for a week and within 1-2 sets, I had a set back that cost me another 6 weeks and extended a 4-6 week injury to 3 months.  I'm glad the skiing went well, just take it easy on the water and keep hammering rehab!

#4 Mon, Mar 23, 2009 6:16 PM

LeonJones
Foot Forward: LFF

Chris- Thanks for that piece of advice. I DO need to balance my enthusiam (sp?) with what little common sense I have smile

Leon

Board footer