Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket
  • PSC Forum
  •  » 4 Sale
  •  » Trakker Video Camera Mounts for Water Skiing and Wake Boarding.

#1 Sun, Mar 22, 2009 3:20 AM

Trakker

Trakker Video Camera Mounts for Water Skiing and Wake Boarding.

The Trakker Camera mount is designed to follow the skier without a camera man.  We have been developing this product for 18 years.  It functions great and Skiers and Wake Boarders really like it.  The newest models get very positive feedback.

Take a look at the Trakker Camera Mounts for Water skiing and Wake Boarding at www.wakevideo.com

#2 Sun, Apr 12, 2009 5:45 AM

Trakker

Re: Trakker Video Camera Mounts for Water Skiing and Wake Boarding.

Hello all.  I have 5 Pylon Mount Trakkers that do not have a polished finish.  I want to offer them at a discount if anybody is interested.  We were experimenting and had them polished then zinc plated.  This gave them a cloudy metallic look.  They are not bad looking, but we can't offer them as polished.

If you have been considering purchasing one of our mounts, but it was a little out of your budget.  This may be the way to go.  They function exactly the same.  I will offer them at $179.00 ea.

If you want to take advantage of this deal please tell me by email on the contacts page at www.wakevideo.com.  Do not use the PayPal button because it will signal me to send you one at the regular price.  This is the only place I am offering this deal and only until the 5 P4s are sold.  If they are not sold by the end of the month I will offer them elsewhere.

#3 Sun, Apr 12, 2009 12:17 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

We have been using the P4 Trakker at SkiTek for the past two weeks and it's been a great experience. Prior versions of the Trakker were bulky and cumbersome, but the latest P4 version is very functional and efficient. There is plenty of room to access the pylon to change the line, and we've been using the PP slalom switch simply cliped right on to the arm without issue.

Sometimes the skier will go out of the shot -- but this only happens when the skier makes a slack turn independent of the boat, which is not good form anyways. A great training tool!!

http://wakevideo.com/images/products/P4_300.jpg

Trakker Camera Mount

#4 Tue, Apr 14, 2009 12:41 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

I bought one of these p-4's. -Great Deal! Now I just have to figure out the camera with the most bang for the buck on the low side of the price index...

Any suggestions from those of you with Trakker experience???

Thanks!

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#5 Wed, Apr 15, 2009 5:31 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

The trakker should mount any camera. Image stabilization is recommended, although my old camera doesn't have it and it still works fine.

This camera looks like a great deal for the money

#6 Thu, Apr 16, 2009 12:18 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

WadeWilliams wrote:

The trakker should mount any camera. Image stabilization is recommended, although my old camera doesn't have it and it still works fine.

This camera looks like a great deal for the money

Thanx Wade!  -I'll be on the Prowl...smile

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#7 Fri, Apr 24, 2009 11:37 PM

Trakker

I wanted to give people a little insight to what Bryan, the inventor,  had in mind when designing the Trakker Video Camera Mount.

First, he saw a need for serious skiers to view their sets and critically examine their technique.  We believe the most productive use of the Trakker is to help a skier improve his performance and increase their competitiveness.  We believe all competitive skiers need to video and review themselves to get to the next level.

Second, the Trakker is a great tool to get the younger skiers into the sport.  They will benefit the most from the Trakker if they find they have an affinity for the sport.  They'll enjoy showing their friends their “mad skills” on the lake.  It is a great advantage to have access to a tool like the Trakker when you start a sport at a young age.  I would like nothing more than to hear of a champion skier who had one of our camera mounts on their boats as a child and then grew to become a world class skier.

Third, for the ski and wake board instructor the Trakker helps show and explain good and bad technique.  They can offer video of their student's strengths and weaknesses.  It is a great visual aid.

Lastly, and probably the most important, just for the enjoyment of the sport.  Every one can enjoy having videos to capture the fun of skiing and wake boarding.

#8 Fri, Apr 24, 2009 11:39 PM

countymountie
Foot Forward: Left

I saw your ad for a p4 video trakker and I'm thinking about upgrading my old model. Would the sizing sleeves help with the tapered pylon of a Malibu?

Currently it is necessary to attach the camera mount to the rotating top and doesn't leave much room to attach the rope.

Thanks

#9 Sat, Apr 25, 2009 1:37 AM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

The new P4 model is great with line length adjustments. There is plenty of room to access they pylon. I was frustrated with the old model as well but the new one is a huge improvement. We have had one on the boat at SkiTek for the last 2 weeks and it is great!

Help support our site by Buying The P4 Here

#10 Sat, Apr 25, 2009 2:46 AM

Trakker

countymountie :  I'm the one that sent you the Thumb screws.  I have a call into a Malibu dealer for a different issue.  I will ask them the question about your pylon as well.  If anybody on this board can answer the following question it would help us out.

The pylons for the new Malibu has a taper.  I need to know, for countymountie, the length from the very top of the pylon down to where the taper starts at the bottom of the pylon?  See picture.

Thank you in advance for your help.

http://www.proskicoach.com/forum/uploads/4935_sia08035img4_1.jpg

Last edited by Trakker (Sat, Apr 25, 2009 2:47 AM)

#11 Thu, Jul 30, 2009 6:09 PM

minnescene

Trakker cameras are pretty awesome. I've got one set up on my rig to record my wakeboarding tricks. And it's pretty easy to dismount and use for other things.

Last edited by minnescene (Thu, Jul 30, 2009 6:11 PM)

#12 Tue, Aug 18, 2009 12:56 AM

ToddF
Skis At: mudhole
Foot Forward: right

Are the 5 trackers for sale the P4 models?  I have an 04 moomba will they fit on it with out much hassle?

Thanks

Todd

#13 Tue, Aug 18, 2009 5:12 PM

Trakker

The 5 “zinc” plated Trakker were P4s, but they are all sold.  I am not familiar with the pylon on the 04 Moomba, but all of the Trakkers come with the Monster Tower Universal clamp.  They have different sized shims to fit all size pylons from 2.5” to 1.5”.

#14 Sun, Oct 4, 2009 1:49 AM

dtepe

Here's my youtube link using the trakker for slalom.  Very nice.  I moved the camera as far back to the rear of the boat as I could and it works great.  Highly recommend the trakker to make your slalom better or just to record memories.

The workmanship is very nice and it took just a few passes to get it adjusted for our boat.

#15 Sun, Oct 4, 2009 3:47 AM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

#16 Sun, Oct 4, 2009 9:11 AM

trichter12
Skis At:

It's really a great thing you have come up with here.  Unfortunately, i think its kind of ridiculous to pay so much for a piece of metal.  Im an engineer, and i truly mean no harm in this when i say that i could most likely be done cheaper.  To reciprocate, I greatly value your time and dedication to this wonderful invention you have created.  Again, i greatly value this creation, but I only wish there was a more cost effective way for people with a lower purchasing power to attain your product.  Being a college student, im sure many can understand the difficulty involved in spending so much for an object that tapes your skiing, as valuable as that may be.  perhaps you could make an economical version which would market to those with less money.  One final time to iterate, I truly love you creation, I only wish that there way a more cost effective way for it to be created, and sold.
-Travis

Travis

#17 Sun, Oct 4, 2009 1:06 PM

2gofaster

Travis, I think you have underestimated a few very important business expenses, mainly what we call SG&A, cost of goods sold, etc.   Your post is an excellent reason why in the real world we keep the engineers locked in the office and away from the balance sheets and customers. hehehe. I urge anyone who complains about the price of most things to start building their own. Being an engineer, you should be able to handle that, right? The cost of an item sold to the public is not only a reflection of the price of the material. You have labor, research and design, marketing costs, carrying costs, insurance, taxes, etc. Then you have to have a profit. I wouldn't price something without a minimum of a 20% gross margin attached to it today. All of those things add to the price. For that reason, I don't think the Trakker's price is out of line.

Shane Hill

#18 Sun, Oct 4, 2009 1:33 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

Thanks for clearing that one up Shane. Everything you said holds true for Virtual Coaching, Hardshell Bindings, Ski School, and just about any other product too...

#19 Sun, Oct 4, 2009 2:29 PM

Trakker

Dtepe, thanks for the review.  I am glad you like our product and I hope it helps you achieve your performance goals.  Thank you also for posting a video.

Trichter12, I appreciate your comments, we get this concern often.  I cannot get the Trakker on the shelf of most dealers, because there is not enough margin in it to make it worth it for them.  There are about 18 years of development in the Trakker.  It is called the P4, because there have been 3 previous versions.  Previous versions were all inferior the current version.  If you have seen video of less developed camera mounts you would know that there are a lot of problems to resolve; rope slap, vibration, accurate tracking as well as clamping to different size pylons and how the camera mounts.  Making a less expensive version would just mean putting our name behind an inferior product giving the customer inferior results.  The only excess in the Trakker is the Polishing and most people who own a boat appreciate accessories that look nice.  If you are serious about wanting to buy a Trakker, send an email to the contacts page of our website (Wade posted a link on this thread).  I will try to find a Trakker made during the engineering process that I may be able to let go for less than the retail price.

Thank you to everyone else for the support.

#20 Sun, Oct 4, 2009 9:11 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

trichter12 wrote:

It's really a great thing you have come up with here.  Unfortunately, i think its kind of ridiculous to pay so much for a piece of metal.  Im an engineer, and i truly mean no harm in this when i say that i could most likely be done cheaper.  To reciprocate, I greatly value your time and dedication to this wonderful invention you have created.  Again, i greatly value this creation, but I only wish there was a more cost effective way for people with a lower purchasing power to attain your product.  Being a college student, im sure many can understand the difficulty involved in spending so much for an object that tapes your skiing, as valuable as that may be.  perhaps you could make an economical version which would market to those with less money.  One final time to iterate, I truly love you creation, I only wish that there way a more cost effective way for it to be created, and sold.
-Travis

Travis,
You are a college student,  right???  -DUDE... It doesn't take too much calculation or any engineering to get plenty of volunteer camera "Gal's" in trade for a free boat ride and some time in the Sun! Heck you could even throw in a 6 pk. of wine coolers and they'd be standing in line!!!big_smile

Aint creative enginuity fun!smile

I'm too old, I had to buy the Trakker!neutral

#21 Sun, Oct 4, 2009 10:01 PM

trichter12
Skis At:

I didnt mean to make anyone angry on here, I guess i didnt take into a count all of the added business expenses.  It looks to be a great product, and I wish you the best for your business.

Travis

#22 Sun, Oct 4, 2009 11:36 PM

2gofaster

Travis, I don't think anyone here was upset. And I hope you took what I was saying about engineers in the way I meant it, which was just giving a college kid a bit of a hard time. smile

Shane Hill

#23 Sun, Oct 4, 2009 11:44 PM

trichter12
Skis At:

Thats ok, I wasn't offended or anything, Im just apologizing.

Travis

#24 Mon, Oct 5, 2009 12:23 AM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

Not sure why you'd need to appologize. Thanks for posting. It's been a learning experience for everyone.

#25 Mon, Feb 8, 2010 7:59 PM

Trakker

Thanks for all of the feedback up till now.

I have experimented with a minor modification to the Trakker.  Many users want to use the Trakker with a shock tube, but the rope loop is not made to accommodate the larger diameter.  Basically, I made the rope loop on the Trakker into a “U” shape to accept the larger diameter.  The customer that tried it got great results and ordered another one for their ski club.  I just wanted to let everyone on this forum know that this modification is an option.

You can purchase the Trakker from the Homepage of this website.

• PSC Forum
  •  » 4 Sale
  •  » Trakker Video Camera Mounts for Water Skiing and Wake Boarding.

Board footer