Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Feb 20, 2009 1:52 AM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

Gator Bait?

I have been wondering for some time about the odds of falling in Florida Waters and becoming "GATOR BAIT"!!! I played Golf down there before and I know to never try to physically retrieve a ball from the water... So, I was wondering about retrieving a SKIER!!!

P.S. Although, "Gator Bait" would certainly be the Most productive thing I've done on a Ski in the last 4 months!big_smile

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#2 Fri, Feb 20, 2009 10:12 AM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Gator Bait?

I would be willing to bet that there has never been one bite at any ski facility in Florida ever.  You have as good a chance to get attacked by a bear while running on a designated running trail as you do with an alligator.  Our fear of the unknown terrifies us and gets the mind wandering to unreasonable places.  I too shared your feelings for the first few years of skiing in Florida.

#3 Fri, Feb 20, 2009 7:29 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough

We just pulled this guy out of the lake today!

http://www.proskicoach.com/forum/uploads/2_gator.jpg

#4 Sat, Feb 21, 2009 12:23 AM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

Man, I LOVE that Cheezy smile!  He's such a Ham, I hope you used the"Catch & Release" Method...wink

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#5 Sun, Mar 15, 2009 11:46 PM

Jeanette
Skis At: Hamrick Lake, SC

That is not even funny!  You know how I feel about live things under the water! ...ok - maybe a little funny...

#6 Mon, Mar 16, 2009 12:59 AM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough

Don't worry, the only gator that has been at SkiTek in the last 2 years was under 2 feet and was removed (trapped) within 45 minutes.

#7 Mon, Mar 16, 2009 1:49 AM

miski
Skis At: Jepawhit, Lyons, SkiTec
Foot Forward: Left

I had a few morsels of deep-fried gator tail tonight for din-din... tastes like chicken!

#8 Mon, Mar 16, 2009 10:57 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

WadeWilliams wrote:

Don't worry, the only gator that has been at SkiTek in the last 2 years was under 2 feet and was removed (trapped) within 45 minutes.

What about "the one that got away"???yikes

#9 Tue, Mar 17, 2009 12:14 PM

Smokey-Seven

What about "the one that got away"???yikes

Shhhhhh......   Be werry werry kwyit.....  he's hunting water skiiers.....

lollol

Years ago, I was watching Wade ski at a competition up in New Hampshire. Another person next to me commented on a run Wade had just completed. She said, "He might miss a bouy now and again, but he hardly ever falls!"

I replied, "Well, he skis a lot in Florida. When you consider the gators, it's advisable not to fall."

I don't know if she thought I was serious or not, but I was smiling.

Last edited by Smokey-Seven (Tue, Mar 17, 2009 12:20 PM)

#10 Sat, Mar 21, 2009 8:33 PM

lcarnes

Wade,  Didn't you tell me the name of your gator was "Removed"?  IMHO, it's more fun to just wonder what's under there...

BTW, we managed to get a couple of runs in today...water 46 and air 52...yeehaw, not quite 100, but close enough!

Board footer