Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Feb 11, 2009 2:57 AM

jeff82882

HO Truth vs. System 8 vs. Radar Annex

I currently have a 2004 HO Truth.  I was considering upgrading this year and wondered if a 2008 System 8 or 2008 or 2009 Annex would be a worthwhile upgrade?  I mostly ski in open water so I don't really "need" a ski but I was planning on getting the Radar Rail bindings and thought about also purchasing a new ski.  Just mostly wondering if anyone can tell me their thoughts on the Truth, System 8, or the Annex.  I typically ski at 34 or 35 MPH.  Thanks

Last edited by jeff82882 (Wed, Feb 11, 2009 3:01 AM)

#2 Wed, Feb 11, 2009 3:25 AM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Re: HO Truth vs. System 8 vs. Radar Annex

Herb O'Brien designed and manufactured all of the skis on your list.  It makes the most sense to me to go with the newest version (Radar Annex).  The ski rips and will be a nice upgrade to your ski quiver.

#3 Wed, Feb 11, 2009 3:42 AM

jeff82882

Chris, thanks for the quick response.  I figured that is the answer I would get.  Are there any specific characteristics of the Annex that I would notice over my Truth?  Acceleration, speed, turning, etc.???

#4 Wed, Feb 11, 2009 7:41 PM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

I believe your balance on the ski will be considerably heightened.  This will help your confidence grow and in turn, your technique.  The Annex is very fast, holds unbelievable angle through the wakes, and turns a tight but holdable radius.

Board footer