Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, Feb 10, 2009 2:24 AM

mustang2006whipple

Obrien Mission 70", what to expect

Just landed a 08 mission on e-bay for 236.00 including shipping.  Question is I was using a Connelly HP 68" and sking at 15' off at 36 mph, we don't have a course set up on the lake, so it's all in my head.  What can I expect from the new ski compared to the old one.  I'm 51 years old 6'1" at 220lbs and crashed in 2002 (had a pos Bayliner 185) and ended up having C5 / C6 fused in my neck.  I waited 25 years to get back on the water, got a prostar 190 and I'm sking.

#2 Wed, Feb 11, 2009 1:31 AM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

Re: Obrien Mission 70", what to expect

Mustang, Though I can't give you a perfect answer due to not skiing on an HP for some time. However, I do own a 68" Mission with Dbl. Targas and I am 6' & 200 Lbs.

For me @ 34 - 36 MPH the 68" on Glass is Amazing and It will corner Like the "Big Dawg" Pricey Ski's without braking the bank ... Unfortunately, It is not near as Amazing on marginal water conditions and it Absolutely hates slowing down to 30 - 32 mph...

From my own Experience, I would Highly Suggest getting and setting the Bindings and fin  to the Stock Factory settings (They may or may not be Already, Mine was NOT...) and put about 50 runs on it before you start doing any Tweaks...

I think in comparison to the HP you will LOVE this Ski after a few Runs as much as you Love the Price!

Sorry to Hear about the C 5/6...

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

Board footer