Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Feb 6, 2009 6:36 PM

eric

switching skis: D3 to Radar?

Thinking about the possibility of swithing skis this year.  I am currently on a 06' D3 Nomad 67.  The ski has been great, last year I was able to get 2 @ 35.  Was wondering  if swithing to a Senate C would be beneficial and make it easier?   I am hoping for a bit more speed with a controlled turn around the ball.  Open to suggestions..
I am 5-9  180  RFF   HO Approach
67 Nomad
CBR fin  6.845, 2.504, 0.778

Thank you in advance for your feedback and response(s)

#2 Sat, Feb 7, 2009 4:33 PM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Re: switching skis: D3 to Radar?

Eric,
     The Senate C is an awesome ski.  I keep telling skiers that this is a very overlooked ski and a great 34mph tool.  I would love to hear your feedback after riding the ski.  I would suggest a 67 and would set it up like the following:

29 1/4 front boot
9degrees

#3 Wed, Feb 11, 2009 5:13 AM

eric

Chris,
Thanks for our response and suggested numbers.  I will definitely let you know.

Eric

#4 Fri, May 1, 2009 2:03 PM

2gofaster

Chris, I'm curious.......your dft setting here is .785. In the recommended settings in the ski database you have it .860 for an 09 and .820 for an 08.  Are the settings in the db the mfr settings? I'm riding mine at .785 and love it now.

Shane Hill

#5 Fri, May 1, 2009 5:04 PM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

These are the numbers that should be the settings for 09.  Glad u like em!

#6 Mon, May 4, 2009 12:38 PM

2gofaster

Thanks Chris. I was getting a little tail slide a few times this weekend. Had to be me, though. It's not something I've ever experienced before. One thing I've noticed is that the SC really seems to have a small range of binding movement.  This is the first ski(D3 Custom 4, 9700, 6AMss, RS1, and the SC) that I've run the binding at the stock settings. On the RS1 I'd run the front binding 1 hole forward. On the SC I started out that way and proceeded to face plant at the first wake. lol. Still trying to peel my eye lids back down 4 weeks later. wink

One other question. Is there a difference between the silver RS1 fin and the one that comes on the SC stock? I went ahead and used the RS1 fin and it's thin wing on the SC.  I had the Schnitz slot fin on the 6AMss and RS1 and liked it. Tried it on the SC and didn't. I think on the SC it gave too much tip pressure.

Shane Hill

#7 Sun, May 31, 2009 6:34 AM

eric

The Senate C is awesome.  One day of  free skiing in early April, a month later to May 29th, and the easiest 22's and 28's I have ever run.  Set up as recommended by Chris and the ski feels stable plenty and fast. You can get on the front and will not bit as others can.  The binding setting at 29 1/4 was too far back, moved to 29 5/8, and feels much better for me. This is going to be a great summer!

#8 Sun, May 31, 2009 11:52 AM

2gofaster

I ended up moving my front binding back to 29 1/8 with my back binding at 17 yesterday.  I was getting some chatter at the apex on my off side. Or it would come around and set to hard and stall. Moving the front binding back cured that and allowed the ski to carry it's speed through.

Shane Hill

Board footer