Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sat, Jan 31, 2009 10:56 PM

miski
Skis At: Jepawhit, Lyons, SkiTec
Foot Forward: Left

Rear Heal Lift

Has anyone tried a rear heal lift?

I think I need to get more weight on my front foot... standing on flat ground w/ wedge under rear heal seems to get me up over my front foot more, but I guess on the water it could also make it that much easier to overload the rear.

I have bindings forward .375", but think this might just encourage skiing off rear foot even more.

Thanks ahead for any thoughts!

#2 Sun, Feb 1, 2009 5:55 AM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Rear Heal Lift

You may want to try to move your bindings back.  This will give you more ski to trust to move forward.  I have run rear heel lifts in the past, but have since gone back to flat.

#3 Sun, Feb 1, 2009 3:07 PM

JP

I talked with Jamie Beauchesne about this at one point because he was running a heel lift for a while. He told me that it honestly felt just as good to take it out as it did when he put it in.

#4 Sun, Feb 1, 2009 7:52 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

ChrisRossi wrote:

I have run rear heel lifts in the past, but have since gone back to flat.

Chris,

Since you are the RADAR expert... I bought some RS-1's during this off Season (have yet to try them...) and I've heard from some others that they did'nt feel that they had as good of feel or ability to apply forward pressure (to INHANCE TIP PRESSURE) with the RS-1's and felt like a wedge might possibly increase the "feel" they were used to with their traditional bindings... ????

Is this possibly a common concern only Associated with new users, that eventually find their groove with these New Bindings without the need for a Wedge?

How thick of Wedge Did you used to run?

Thanx

Last edited by h20dawg79 (Sun, Feb 1, 2009 8:23 PM)

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#5 Sun, Feb 1, 2009 8:19 PM

cliveous

I ski with my rear heel up off the ski and have tried for the last 15 years to get it flat. Any suggestions?

#6 Sun, Feb 1, 2009 9:51 PM

ChrisRossi

The RS1 boot provides me the most feel and control I've ever experienced waterskiing.  Its the perfect balance between power and forgiveness.  For those who found they wanted more "tip pressure", that can be settled with a fin adjustment. 

I do run a full length orthotic (yellow SuperFeet) in both my RS1's.

#7 Tue, Feb 3, 2009 1:20 AM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

ChrisRossi wrote:

For those who found they wanted more "tip pressure", that can be settled with a fin adjustment.

Thanx, Chris...

I'll give ya a holla' If I end up needing  that fin adjustment...  Man, I can't wait til Spring!!! cool

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#8 Sat, Feb 7, 2009 2:07 PM

onamission
Skis At: Middle Straits Lake

ChrisRossi wrote:

The RS1 boot provides me the most feel and control I've ever experienced waterskiing.  Its the perfect balance between power and forgiveness.  For those who found they wanted more "tip pressure", that can be settled with a fin adjustment. 

I do run a full length orthotic (yellow SuperFeet) in both my RS1's.

Chris, Do you have them inside or outside of the liner?

Good people drink good beer

#9 Sat, Feb 7, 2009 4:36 PM

ChrisRossi

I always run my footbeds inside the liner.

#10 Sun, Feb 8, 2009 4:13 PM

onamission

Do you do anything special to keep them in the liners.

#11 Sun, Feb 8, 2009 4:48 PM

ChrisRossi

I trim the footbed to fit tight inside the liner.  I have not had any issues with the footbed moving around.

#12 Sun, Mar 1, 2009 9:52 PM

onamission

Just added yellow superfeet and remolded the liners today.  Binding feel even more comfortable.  Now its just waiting till the ice melts.

Thanks Chris

Board footer