Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Jan 21, 2009 12:30 PM

davidt

Prophecy Settings

Hi
Im on a 68 phrophecy any thoughts on binding placement .I have Fogmans can I move them back a little.Also does anybody else get the feeling that fin depth is very sensitive on this ski.I am currently at 2.490 and I think I need to go a little deeper.I tryed 2.505 and it wouldnt turn

#2 Wed, Jan 21, 2009 1:52 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Prophecy Settings

What's your height, weight, binding placement and average score?

#3 Wed, Jan 21, 2009 8:11 PM

davidt

6 foot ,197 lbs, 29 1/4 binding placement can run 32 off on a good day Left foot foward ski 34 mph(mens 3)

#4 Wed, Jan 21, 2009 8:42 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Sweet. On a 68, I wouldn't recommend moving much further back. On a 67" I run 29 1/8 - the general rule is 1/2 an inch forward per inch of extra length - so if anything you're probably a little too far back.

Try going forward to 29.5 and check back in at that point. You probably need to go deeper but lets get your boots set first.

What's your distance from tail and your fin length with the tips? Measure as described here: www.proskicoach.com/gear/fin_measurement

#5 Thu, Jan 22, 2009 11:51 AM

davidt

Thanks Wade
I will get back to you after 1-27-2009 my ski is in West Palm and Im going there this weekendto ski ,all my numbers are with my ski.I went in December and left it there.Not much use for it in NJ now
Thanks Dave

#6 Thu, Jan 29, 2009 1:25 PM

davidt

I just got back from West Palm and it was a great weekend.78 degrees and sunny no wind for three days.Main,
East West and Turn Pike were all glass.SWEET.Anyhow I came up with some numbers for my Phrophecy that were really good.
68 Prophecy
29 1/4 " for my Fogmans
.772 (dt)
6.80 (length)(tips of caliper)
2.493 (depth)
water temp was about 59 the first day and 66 the last.
After my first set I came up with these numbers and they really worked good.
I was able to run some 28's on run ups which for me is good in January.

Board footer