Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, Dec 16, 2008 5:11 PM

efverstrom
Foot Forward: lefty

Goode Wideride

Hi is there anyone out there who's skiing on the 9900 wide ride?

If someone who has the 9900 would like to help me out by measuring the width of the ski starting from the front binding and go up 1 inch and measure and so on all the way up to the tip of the ski.

You would make me a real favor by doing this!

Thank you

Last edited by efverstrom (Tue, Dec 16, 2008 5:45 PM)

#2 Tue, Dec 16, 2008 5:43 PM

ScotChipman
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Goode Wideride

I have a 64" GOODE 9900 SL Wide Ride. Sounds like a lot of work to build your own, I could possibly give you the measurements if Dave Goode does not mind. I would first e-mail Dave Goode [email protected] and ask him for the actual measurments.

Scot Chipman

#3 Tue, Dec 16, 2008 7:30 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough

I dont have the actual measurements but I can tell you its really wide! If you're a real craftsman, cutting a ski and adding a wedge to make it wider wouldnt be that bad, but i'd do it with a ski that has a little bit more sturdy material than the goode.

From the goode tech manual:
64"
Forebody 7.275
Mid 6.905
Tail 2.47
66"
Forebody 7.462
Mid 7.082
Tail 2.540

Not really sure where exactly he's measuring but that should give you a rough idea.

#4 Wed, Dec 17, 2008 1:01 AM

efverstrom
Foot Forward: lefty

Alright! thanks wade!

#5 Wed, Dec 17, 2008 3:54 PM

JAY

Wade, how do you figure that a Goode is not made of "Sturdy" material?

#6 Wed, Dec 17, 2008 7:18 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

One of the major selling points of the goode is that it is the lightest ski on the market, right? And it voids your warranty to drill holes for your bindings, because it isn't good for the structural integrity of the ski.

#7 Thu, Dec 18, 2008 12:22 AM

JAY

so your not saying that the Goode is made of weak material or is structurally unsound until you void the structural intergrity of the ski then it becomes an issue. Kind of like cutting half way through all the chair legs and then sitting on it...

#8 Thu, Dec 18, 2008 2:26 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

Not sure I said that

#9 Thu, Dec 18, 2008 4:14 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

Jay, the structural integrity comment was because the original comment was about modifying a ski. Obviously if mounting your boots eliminates structural integrity modifying the width of the ski would not work. By contrast skis with more traditional materials are more bomb proof and could take a lot more abuse.

#10 Fri, Dec 19, 2008 2:43 AM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

efverstrom wrote:

Hi is there anyone out there who's skiing on the 9900 wide ride?

If someone who has the 9900 would like to help me out by measuring the width of the ski starting from the front binding and go up 1 inch and measure and so on all the way up to the tip of the ski.

You would make me a real favor by doing this!

Thank you

Alright, Alright...  enough with all the "structual integrity" mumbo jumbo...  The rest of us are dieing to know what ya got in that boiling pot, all those cool looking flasks and beakers and what about those huge electrodes hanging next to that poor ski???

P.S. ?????????

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

Board footer