Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sun, Apr 20, 2008 1:34 PM

Jan

Numbers for mounting RS1's on MPD

Chris, I have ordered RS1s for my 66 MPD to replace my Wileys.

1. What are the recommended settings for the boots and how do you measure them? (eg for rubber boots, distance tail/ nside of hors shoe).

2. What are the pros and cons of straight vs both boots angled out?

Thanks for your help, Jan

#2 Wed, Apr 23, 2008 11:27 AM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Numbers for mounting RS1's on MPD

Jan,
     I measure to the furthest back part of the heel of the new RS1 boots.  I have found that I set these up about 1/8" back of where I mount rubber boots.  As far as boot rotation goes, When I put my ski on, I want my hips to be square to the boat.  I see a lot of skiers open their rear foot and leave their front foot straight.   This opens the hips to one side, which make the on-side turn feel great, but blocks the hip rotation on the off side.  My recommendation would be to mount them straight and see how you feel just standing in them.  Then try slightly different positions until you feel that if you were riding behind the boat, your hips would be square to the boat.  Each persons stance will be different.  Mine is open slightly on the front and slightly more open on the rear boot.

Chris

Board footer