Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Feb 27, 2008 3:07 AM

burchpaul

Radar Universal Plate

I have the radar universal plate set up. I mounted it to my Monza and noticed that the front and rear mounting screws do not actually touch the plate. From the little information I can find on the Radar site they state that the front and rear mounting screws are set so that they "float" and allow the ski to flex independent of the plate. Does anyone know exactly how they should fit? I did not get any instructions when I bought the boots at the Denver Boat show and have heard that there are some nylon washers that are used with the set-up. I don't have any with the boots. Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks burchpaul

Last edited by burchpaul (Wed, Feb 27, 2008 3:07 AM)

#2 Wed, Feb 27, 2008 8:00 AM

crdickey

Re: Radar Universal Plate

#3 Mon, Mar 3, 2008 3:07 PM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

burchpaul,
     Did you try emailing eddie yet?  I can help you get a hold of him if you need.  Let me know.

Chris

#4 Mon, Mar 3, 2008 7:00 PM

sultan41
Foot Forward: right

Hi. Sorry for the late response. The plate does float. There are 4 neck-and-shoulder washers included with your parts. The neck sits inside the slots at tip and tail (shoulder sits on the ski). The screws tighten onto these washers stopping any pressure down onto the plate.
The nylon washers are an extra piece that sit on the screws under the washers. They are not entirely necessary but if you would like some I would be happy to send them to you.

sully

#5 Thu, Mar 13, 2008 2:55 PM

ScotChipman

I plan on mounting the RS-1's on a GOODE that currently is mounted with D3 leverage rubber bindings using sheet metal screws. Will the universal plate work with sheet metal screws? Will the neck washers provided work with sheet metal screws?

Thanks

Last edited by scotchipman (Thu, Mar 13, 2008 6:20 PM)

Scot Chipman

#6 Sun, Mar 16, 2008 2:43 PM

ChrisRossi

Scot,
     The mounting screws we send with  the RS-1 system are the same diameter as most of the other high end ski company's inserts.  The neck washers are designed for these screws.  If you are concerned they won't be the right size, check the screws that came with your D3 bindings and if they fit in to your inserts, you should be good to go.

#7 Tue, Mar 18, 2008 2:48 AM

ScotChipman

Chris,

I would not be concerned except I'm not using the screws that came with the D3 bindings, I'm using the #10 sheet metal screws that came with my GOODE which are a bigger diameter. I posted the same message on www.thewaterskiforum.com and Sully said all I need to do is drill out the threads in the neck washers to the bigger diameter.

Last edited by scotchipman (Tue, Mar 18, 2008 2:50 AM)

Scot Chipman

Board footer