Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Mon, Aug 13, 2007 12:14 PM

run39off

Slash Slalom

Hey Chris,
I see on Trents board you mentioned the movie is HD?
Is it on HD-DVD or Blu-ray or just a good quality DVD?

#2 Fri, Sep 14, 2007 12:33 PM

BuoyChaser
Skis At: Long Pond, Northwood NH
Foot Forward: LFF

Re: Slash Slalom

so how did the premier release of Slash Slalom go?!?

http://www.slashslalom.com/

from the website:
September 13, 2007:
Slash is the first Water Ski DVD to be shot entirely in High Definitiion.
Premiering at the Orlando Watersports Complex tonight, Slash will be available for purchase starting in October.
Check Back Soon, as our new website will be up within a few days!

2008 MC PS197 with ZO upgrade with 2011 Radar Senate C 67" working to smoke that 36-28 consistently in any tourney.

#3 Mon, Sep 17, 2007 11:08 AM

Griff
Skis At: Richmond Water Ski Club
Foot Forward: Right

Chris,
I am ready for my copy of Slash. When and how can I get it?
Griff

#4 Mon, Sep 17, 2007 6:28 PM

RS

That's a good question.   As long as the transfer is done right you can get extremely good picture quality onto a std DVD.   I've got a few DVD's where the transfer is so good it almost looks as good as HD on my 9ft HD projector setup.    Unless the transfer is bad it's hard to tell the difference between HD and a good S DVD on small screens.

I'm guessing but I would bet it would be shot in HD and transferred to standard DVD.   Otherwise do you go with HD DVD or Blu Ray which leaves out all the ski bums with just a $39 dvd player.

#5 Tue, Sep 18, 2007 5:02 AM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough

The DVD will be available Next Month! It will be a standard DVD format, not HD or Blu Ray, but rest assured that the compression has been done in a way that will make this feature worth the wait!!

#6 Thu, Oct 25, 2007 4:26 PM

Griff

Great, Wade!  I can't wait.

Will you be notifying us via the email addresses enterd on the slashslalom.com site? Anyway, count me in.  I've already gotten depressed since my season is over.  Need a few videos, articles, gym work etc. to stay focused for next season.

Griff

#7 Mon, Nov 12, 2007 8:07 PM

RS

OK...where is this video!  :-)  Skiing has been done for 2 weeks and I need a ski fix, especially in HD quality that I can put on the big screen.  ARG!

#8 Tue, Nov 13, 2007 12:07 AM

run39off

Have you bought Momentum RS?
It's a good tide over, but i'm hanging out for Slash as well........

#9 Tue, Nov 13, 2007 11:16 AM

RS

Not yet.  I should probably order that tomorrow.    :-)

#10 Wed, Nov 14, 2007 2:03 PM

ChrisRossi

boyz,
     THe movie is finished, but we are taking care of a few unforseen issues.  It is well worth the wait and will be available VERY soon.  I have watched it a bunch of times and have to tell you that it gets better every time I watch it.  Hold tight for just a few more days...

Chris

#11 Mon, Dec 3, 2007 5:34 PM

ScotChipman

Chris, Is this the week we will be able to buy Slash? Alta/Snowbird only have 32" on the ground so I'm not snow skiing or water skiing right now! When will you be in Utah?

Scot Chipman

#12 Tue, Dec 4, 2007 10:08 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough

http://www.slashslalom.com

Slash is available for pre-order now. Order today, receive it by christmas, but only if you're good! Otherwise coal for you! Check out the new http://www.slashslalom.com website though, complete with more info on all the pros, a really cool flash site, in addition to the trailer you've been watching on loop since August.

http://www.slashslalom.com/img/intro.jpg

#13 Wed, Dec 5, 2007 5:08 AM

BuoyChaser

i placed my order, can't wait!!!i might have to get with the times though and pick up a widescreen to watch it now...

2008 MC PS197 with ZO upgrade with 2011 Radar Senate C 67" working to smoke that 36-28 consistently in any tourney.

#14 Wed, Dec 5, 2007 3:06 PM

Griff

Ordered mine last night. Should be great winter viewing.

#15 Sun, Dec 16, 2007 3:11 PM

BuoyChaser

rumor has it Slash might be shipping from Florida by next Thursday 12/20...

#16 Thu, Dec 20, 2007 6:26 PM

BuoyChaser

Rumour has it Slash has ARRIVED TODAY and is SHIPPING TODAY Thursday 12/20/07!!!
Can't wait to check it out!!!

#17 Tue, Dec 25, 2007 1:27 PM

BuoyChaser

SLASH HAS ARRIVED, thank you Mr. Postman for my Xmas Eve delivery!!! OH MY GOD, SICK, TOTALLY SICK!!!

#18 Sat, Dec 29, 2007 7:46 PM

ScotChipman

Great water skiing footage on Slash. I really liked watching the snow skiing in the Wasatch backcountry under bonus! Chris, if you ever ski at Snowbird this winter let me know so we can meet up.

Scot Chipman

Board footer