Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Dec 7, 2007 12:21 AM

canes99

Cold Water Tuning

what type of ski tuning should be done for cooler water temps this winter? I typically ski in 80 + degree water and now it is dropping into the lower 70s.

#2 Fri, Dec 7, 2007 12:52 AM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Cold Water Tuning

The easiest adjustment you can make is to simply add 1 degree of wing angle per 10 degrees of water temperature. That is, if it's 70 degree water and you're coming from 80, go to 9 degrees instead of 8. I run about 8 degrees during the summer in the south, but as soon as I get back into new england i go back to 9, or if it's winter in FL i'm running 9.

The next best adjustment would be to reduce the size of your fin. Using a pencil draw a line on your fin and reduce depth by .008, while trying to maintain the angle of the pencil line. (i.e., make the line disappear) This will compensate by adding tail slide for the coolder temperature, when the water feels thicker than when it's hot.

PS next wednesday you can come on out.

#3 Sat, Dec 8, 2007 12:26 AM

canes99

Re: Cold Water Tuning

I'll wait to make any adjustments til I ski with you Wednesday, 12/12.

Board footer