Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Nov 14, 2007 1:09 PM

mattgskier

New Ski Advice

I HAVE BEEN SKIING A HO NITRO FOR THE LAST TWO YEARS. BEFORE THEN I STARTED WITH A HO BURNER. I SKI AT ABOUT 34-35 MPH AT 28 OFF. I HAVE PROGRESSED ALOT IN THE LAST YEAR AND I'M LOOKING TO TAKE THE NEXT STEP. WOULD BUYING A MORE AGGRESIVE SKI HELP? OR SHOULD I KEEP THE NITRO. I DO UNDERSTAND THAT IT HAS ALOT TO DO WITH THE SKIER AND NOT THE SKI. BUT I JUST LOVE THE IDEA OF HAVING A NEW TOY THAT I CAN GET BETTER WITH. I'M INTRESTED IN THE RADAR ANNEX AND THE 2006 HO MONZA. I HAVE FOUND SOME GOOD DEALS ON THESE. I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO TEST THEM. SHOULD I HOLD OFF OR GET ONE?

#2 Wed, Nov 14, 2007 1:58 PM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Re: New Ski Advice

Mattgskier,
     Now that you are ready to make the jump to the high end stick, it's time to start think a little differently.  Up to this point, you have looked for a good ski at a good price.  When you make the jump into the high end ski realm, price needs to go out the window as much as it can.  The question you have to ask yourself is, "would I pay $200 more to ski better and enjoy myself more?  THe reason I suggest this shift is it would be a mistake to just grab a high end ski without trying a few first.  They all are a significant investment, so you should take your time and demo some to make sure that you are making a wise investment.  A deal on a ski wont do you much good if the ski isnt right for you.  I would suggest demo-ing the Radar MPD as it is my stick of choice.  The ski will not dissappoint you!  The Annex is a great ski as well, but if you are going high end, why not go to the top?

Chris

#3 Wed, Nov 14, 2007 2:18 PM

mattgskier

Thanks Chris, It's just hard to pass up a  New Radar Annex for $300. However it is cold already hear in MI and I can not demo it.  Another quick question do you know if the obrien bios will fit on a Radar ski?

#4 Wed, Nov 14, 2007 2:22 PM

mattgskier

P.S. You are right I need to just wait and demo some skis next spring. I was thinking I would look at the HO monza, Radar MDP and the Annex and the F1. Any others you think I should look at?

#5 Thu, Nov 15, 2007 12:24 AM

JP

swap the monza for a system 8. its cheaper and ALOT more predictible

Board footer