Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, Oct 18, 2007 3:24 PM

BuoyChaser
Skis At: Long Pond, Northwood NH
Foot Forward: LFF

Annex vs. MPD

Is the Annex the 34mph version of the MPD? I've got a buddy who is a 34mph skier and seriously interested in checking one out? Anybody else skied on one?

I see that it is offered in a variety of lengths:
63.5" - up to 125lbs
65" - 115-140lbs
66" - 130-155lbs
67" - 150-185lbs
68" - 175-200lbs
69.5" - over 190lbs

significantly less than the MPD at $600 MSRP

http://www.waterskis.com/2008-Radar-Ann … terski.htm

2008 MC PS197 with ZO upgrade with 2011 Radar Senate C 67" working to smoke that 36-28 consistently in any tourney.

#2 Fri, Oct 19, 2007 4:51 PM

Ed Obermeier

Re: Annex vs. MPD

It's my understanding that the Annex isn't simply a widened, softer MPD ala the Monza/Nitro.  It supposdly has several features/characteristics of the MPD but it's an entirely different ski optimized (supposedly) for the 34 mph skier.  I'm hoping to get to ride one very soon.

Ed

#3 Fri, Oct 19, 2007 10:27 PM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

The Annex comes out of the MPD mold, but rather than the light, PVC core, it utilizes the more damp PU core.

#4 Sat, Oct 20, 2007 2:06 AM

Ed Obermeier

Then it basically is to the MPD what the System 8 is to the Monza.

So much for my "understanding"... Thanks for the clarification Chris.  Ridden one?  Opinions?

Ed

#5 Sat, Oct 20, 2007 2:21 PM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

I have skied the Annex and had great rides on it.  I prefer the liveliness of the MPD.

#6 Sat, Oct 27, 2007 2:39 AM

BuoyChaser
Skis At: Long Pond, Northwood NH
Foot Forward: LFF

http://www.thefind.com/query.php?query=radar+ski

Radar Annex Slalom

The Annex enjoys a comptition inspired design as the understudy of the MPD. The Annex is produced out of the exact same mold as the MPD using its unique blend of bevels and Radar's innovative 4 Stage Rocker pattern. Its internal construction is based around a polyurethan core that offers unmatched damening effects during deflection! Turning and Balance ratings are off the chart as the Annex's unique bevel configuration allows the skier to be in full control at all times. Its flex pattern and blend of carbon

$539.99

2008 MC PS197 with ZO upgrade with 2011 Radar Senate C 67" working to smoke that 36-28 consistently in any tourney.

Board footer