Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Oct 5, 2007 1:59 PM

Skier32

Orthodic Inserts

Chris,

Do you utilize custom orthodics in your hardshells?  How about the others in your camp, Wade or Jamie?  Reason being, is I use them in my snow ski boots, and always have since my racing days.

I've experimented with putting them in my hardhells, but am running into problems fit issues in the toe area.  The volume that the orthodic takes up is making it ultra-tight around the toes, and this is after heat molding the liners several times.

Just curious to see if you guys use them and if so how strongly you reccomend them.  I know for snow skiing it is night and and in terms of edge control, but that's a solid surface versus a liquid.

Thanks in advance.

#2 Fri, Oct 5, 2007 3:20 PM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Orthodic Inserts

I do not use custom orthodics, I use a pair of Superfeet made for rollerblading/hockey.  In your case, I would say go with a pair of superfeet or have the orthodic made so that it has the heel cup and arch support and end there.  I can't imagine skiing without some sort of foot bed as you lose a lot of control when your arch collapses.

#3 Fri, Oct 5, 2007 6:15 PM

Skier32

Thanks for the response.  I imagine you have the grey ones like these: http://www.superfeet.com/products/Grey.aspx 

I found them locally and will pick some up today.

Appreciate it.

Last edited by Skier32 (Fri, Oct 5, 2007 6:16 PM)

#4 Sat, Oct 6, 2007 12:17 AM

BuoyChaser
Skis At: Long Pond, Northwood NH
Foot Forward: LFF

check out these Zapz insoles, you just heat them up in the microwave and they feel as good as my sneakers in my fogmans, NICE!!!as Wade would say, "...feels like POO..."
https://masterfitenterprises.com/order_zapz.html

2008 MC PS197 with ZO upgrade with 2011 Radar Senate C 67" working to smoke that 36-28 consistently in any tourney.

Board footer