Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, Sep 25, 2007 2:45 PM

TD

Dual Lock with SkiTek/Reflex Binding

Chris,    Am I able to use dual lock to secure my short single front skitec plate on my 9500?  as you know it measures around 18 inches long.    From what I read in a previous post....there is not enough length to prevent pre-release.   How about mating 400  to  400?   If so, where do I buy the clear stuff?    Thanks    TD

#2 Thu, Sep 27, 2007 2:46 AM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Dual Lock with SkiTek/Reflex Binding

I would suggest NOT using inter-loc to secure your Skitec binding as you will be taking a risk of pre-release.  Plus, if you do release from the inter-loc, you would most likely then release from the skitec, which would then sink to the bottom of the lake!

#3 Thu, Sep 27, 2007 1:35 PM

TD

Chris,  Thanks for your insight.  I will continue to use screws. I skied with you for 3 days in November several years ago and we continue to use phrases you taught.     They were:  "Match the boat with open shoulders.....Nothing more"   "Use your peripheral vision for balance.....slalom skiing is all about balance"......."Limit any Back Movements... they ruin your efficiency".......but the most useful tip I took home from your instruction was   ***"start your pendelum wide and think about being on a swing.   Pump through the bottom (directly behind the boat) to establish speed at the correct place & cast your ski out smooth & wide!"        TD

#4 Thu, Sep 27, 2007 3:50 PM

JSKIER

TD/Chris:
i like the instructional thoughts...one question though:  i understand the analagy of the swing other than what it means to "pump"  behind the boat.  Obviously you feel/have the most load on you at that point....but i assume you don't mean "pull"  or "lean"...that would defeat the purpose...but then what does it mean to "pump??"

thanks...still 50% at 28@36mph....

JK

#5 Fri, Sep 28, 2007 12:42 PM

TD

JSKIER,  Chris compared it to being on a swing as a kid.   The goal was to thrust your feet forward at the optimum bottom point to generate more height.  The idea is to execute a similar skill when directly behind the boat!  The move is subtle but you drive or thrust your core at bottom dead center.  Must be in good slalom position w/ soft knees.  The ski will be slightly advanced when you pump.  When done correctly,  turns will be smooth and tight.     TD

#6 Mon, Oct 1, 2007 8:13 PM

JSKIER

TD-
Gotcha.  I think.  So it's done with your core...not your arms or shoulders or anything....basically the beginning of your edge change and going from ski b/t you in the boat to under you to out in front....

JK

#7 Fri, Oct 5, 2007 3:34 AM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

TD, 
     Glad to hear you're enjoying the coaching. 

JSkier,
     Arms stay straight through the edge change and ski passes from slightly behind to slightly out in front.

Board footer