Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Sep 7, 2007 4:29 PM

KM
Foot Forward: Right

Dual Lock/ Powershell how much?

Chris,

A while back you had recommended 6" from the  front toe bolt to the front of the plate and 6" from the rear heel bolt to the rear of the plate to prevent prereleases.

I have mounted my Fogman shells to a 29" G-10 plate and only have 4.5" from my rear heel bolt to the rear of my plate and 4.125" from my front toe bolt to the front of my plate.

What do you think of mixing in some 400 Dual Lock with the 250 Dual Lock at the front and rear of the plate to reduce the prerelease factor.  I would need a 33" plate to get the 6" at the front and rear, which would potentially affect the flex of the ski.

Thank you.

#2 Mon, Sep 10, 2007 11:30 PM

ChrisRossi

Re: Dual Lock/ Powershell how much?

Run 400 on the plate and 250 on the ski.  Should hold.

#3 Wed, Sep 12, 2007 10:40 PM

canes99

Does the Goode Hard Shell come with 250 or 400 dual lock?

#4 Thu, Sep 13, 2007 12:31 PM

Skier32

I believe the stock Dual Lock as shipped is the 250 version.

#5 Thu, Sep 13, 2007 6:28 PM

canes99

Does the 400 provide a stronger hold?

#6 Sat, Sep 15, 2007 1:35 AM

KM

Yes, but do not mate 400 to 400.  You will never release.

I am covering my entire plate with the 250 Dual Lock.  I am mating two 3" strips of 400 Dual Lock at the front, middle, and rear of the plate (six 3" strips total), then mating 250 everywhere else.  All of my strips are running lengthwise with the plate.  I am using the clear version, as it is much easier to remove from the ski when you need to replace it.  No problems with prereleases so far.

Last edited by KM (Sat, Sep 15, 2007 1:45 AM)

#7 Sat, Sep 15, 2007 11:40 AM

canes99

What is the best way to remove the residual dual lock and its backing from either the plate or the ski. I had a very difficult time, and in fact could not remove all the residual adhesive from the plate.

#8 Sun, Sep 16, 2007 2:50 AM

KM

Mineral Spirits should remove the residue.  You could also try 3M Adhesive Remover.  The clear Dual Lock peels right off the ski or plate without any residual adhesive.

Last edited by KM (Sun, Sep 16, 2007 2:52 AM)

#9 Sun, Sep 23, 2007 5:02 PM

canes99

I applied 8 inches of 400 dual lock lengthwise to the front of the ski and this absolutely solved the problem of pre-release. Great suggestion.

Board footer