Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Sep 12, 2007 3:14 PM

ski moose pond

Binding Placement with Smaller Feet

Chris,
Where is the recommended starting point for binding placement for a small person (105lbs) on a 65" HO S8 with XS animal bindings?  Is there a mid-point or place on the ski that should be used as a reference for the the distance from the front & rear heel or what?  I know HO has their recommendations for distance from the front & rear heel, but I'm not sure that works with really small bindings?

#2 Thu, Sep 13, 2007 2:16 PM

GaryBerthelsen
Foot Forward: LFF

Re: Binding Placement with Smaller Feet

i know you're looking for chris's reply, but if you don't mind my asking, what boat speed and rope length are you skiing at?

#3 Thu, Sep 13, 2007 3:19 PM

ski moose pond

This is actually a question for a W5 who skis 15 off/30mph and sometimes 32mph.

#4 Sun, Sep 16, 2007 1:13 PM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

The problem with skiers who have really small feet is that if you place them at the factory binding placement, they end up with a lot of ski behind them.  The distance from the heel of the rear boot to the back of the ski is very important.  I would say that distance would want to be like 16 3/4".  Once you have that mounted, mount the front boot tight to the rear and give it a try!

Chris

#5 Sun, Sep 16, 2007 4:50 PM

ski moose pond

Thanks Chris,
I'll give that a try - awesome skiing at Purity Spring last weekend!!  Sorry about that liquid sunshine though.

Board footer