Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sun, Aug 19, 2007 4:48 AM

RAY BENNETT

68" F1 Settings

I'm trying to dial in this years 68" F1.   To get the ski to work I ended up with the front binding at 29 1/4  (3/8ths back from stock)   L=6.742  (with tips)  dft  .740  and depth 2.512.  All these numbers are prety far from stock but I still feel like I could use less off side tip and more onside tip.   Can some one give me a little help and get me some numbers that seem to work for this ski?  I like the feel of the ski but know I am not getting all I can out of it.  Thanks, Ray

#2 Mon, Aug 20, 2007 1:16 AM

JP

Re: 68" F1 Settings

my ski is in my car and i dont have time to measure it up but ill try and remember to do it monday night

#3 Mon, Aug 20, 2007 4:12 PM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Ray,
     I would recommend moving your boots forward.  The front boot should be around 29 5/8 and the rear boot around 17 3/8 for starters.  The fin, 2.515, 6.75, 0.775, 9 degrees.  Give this a rip and let us know what you think.  The falling out the back comes from the fin being too far back, but I think you settled in there because your boots are far back too!

Chris

#4 Mon, Aug 20, 2007 4:48 PM

RAY BENNETT

Thanks for the help Chris, I started at stock (29 5/8ths) and could not keep the ski from stauling on my off side.  That is why I slowly worked the bindings back and reduced tip till the problem went away.  Of course when the problem went away I needed more tip on my onside.   Im not sure what you mean when you say falling out the back?  Does this mean the tip is comming up on my on side because im too far back?

I can deffinatly spend more time with the bindings at stock.  I was under the impression that most people were back between 1/4 and 1/2 inch on the F1.  When the ski would staul on my shorter passes I was quick to move the bindings back.  Did I get some bad Info on moving my bindings back?  Thanks again for the help, Ray

#5 Tue, Aug 21, 2007 11:05 PM

RS

Ray,  check to make sure your fin is straight.  I had one that was crooked and it gave me an awesome offside turn but an unpredictable onside.   I straightened it and it works really well now.

#6 Wed, Aug 22, 2007 12:02 AM

RAY BENNETT

I will check that out thanks RS.  Just curious, How close to stock are you running your bindings?   And what legenth ski?

#7 Wed, Aug 22, 2007 3:50 PM

RS

I'm on a 67" and front binding is 29.125.   I'm running 6.860 tips/6.755jaws. 2.518 depth .78 dft.  7 degrees on wing running into -35/34. 

The water has cooled off down to 70 so I may have to make some adjustments.   I tried messing with Sharks fin template but it said the fin needed to be shallow long and forward.  When I tried it my onside turn was way too fast with the tip coming up.   I used Chris's F1 fin settings for stock settings on the template and that still wasn't close after it figured the adjustment.

Shark...Any help on that fin chart for the F1 would be great.

#8 Wed, Aug 22, 2007 3:52 PM

RS

The nice thing though is the F1 isn't super fin sensative like my Monza.

#9 Sun, Aug 26, 2007 9:34 PM

RAY BENNETT

Well I put the bindings at stock and praticed for a week.  I had too much offside tip so Kept taking tip out till the stauling stopped.  Went to a tournment yestereday and  tied my tournment best 2 at -38.  So thanks to Chris and RS for the help.

#10 Mon, Aug 27, 2007 9:37 PM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Nice work Ray!

#11 Mon, Aug 27, 2007 10:32 PM

RS

Ray-  What did your length measurement end up being?  Curious minds want to know!

#12 Wed, Aug 29, 2007 8:15 PM

RAY BENNETT

It is 6.701 with the tips.  For some reason I think the 68 require's less legenth.  The guys on the 67 and 66 seem to use more tip.  Of course thoes skis have been tweaked a lot by Terry and Jamie.  I dont think there has been near as much tweaking on the 68.

Board footer