Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, Jun 19, 2007 2:06 AM

DBS

Traing Routine- What Line Lengths?

Chris,

My hardest pass is currently 32 off.  I get to the course once maybe twice a week.  Do you suggest normal warmup progression of 15/22/28/32 or maybe 28 at a slower speed, then 28 at speed then 32?  Wondering if its more important to spend my limited time on the shorter line lengths at slower speeds vs. running through the longer ones at speed (I think I remember you want us running 80% of our passes in a set).  And congrats on your recent tournies!

Thanks,

Doug.

#2 Tue, Jun 19, 2007 9:17 AM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Traing Routine- What Line Lengths?

15, 22, 28, all up to speed.  Then bump perfectpass down to get a speed that you can run 32.  Every time you run it, but up the perfectpass a few notches and run it again.  Before you know it you will be running the pass with actuals.  When I learned to run 38off, I had to bump down to almost 34mph.  In about a month I was up to running it at 36!
Thanks for the support.  All of you guys that have skied with me are a part of my success as well!  You also need to get on the water more per week if you expect to keep getting better.  later Doug.

Chris

Board footer