Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Jun 15, 2007 2:47 AM

BuoyChaser
Skis At: Long Pond, Northwood NH
Foot Forward: LFF

Binding Angles?

yesterday during your set for the open tourney, Sully mentioned that you had a new secret binding rotation going on to smooth out your offside...what's the secret formula???

i'm on the diablos this year and have the front at neutral and rear at .5" clockwise toe/heal per the basic setup...i've got a buddy with same, but he's .125" rear...i'm LFF and having a tough time coming out of 2 and even worse at 4 at 36-22...

sure a big part of it is my legs being in shape, need to hit the bike!!!tough keeping those knees bent and not riding the tail...cutting the rear toe off the fogmans certainly feels better for first set tonight...

2008 MC PS197 with ZO upgrade with 2011 Radar Senate C 67" working to smoke that 36-28 consistently in any tourney.

#2 Fri, Jun 15, 2007 1:59 PM

BuoyChaser

Re: Binding Angles?

wade - is there an old archive where Rossi might have mentioned what he was running on his Powershells???

2008 MC PS197 with ZO upgrade with 2011 Radar Senate C 67" working to smoke that 36-28 consistently in any tourney.

#3 Mon, Jun 18, 2007 2:21 AM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Sounds like your stance is too closed for a proper off side turn.  To open up your hips, you either need to turn your front foot out 0.125" or leave your front foot straight and decrease your rear pivot to 0.25".  What size feet do you have and what is your ankle to ankle spacing?
Thanks a bunch for the help with the forum!

Chris

#4 Mon, Jun 18, 2007 8:51 PM

BuoyChaser

i've "cut my toe" so the front is in the center hole and the rear is in the front hole...i had tried 0 front and 0.5 rear and now i'm back to 0 front 0 rear...i'll try the front foot out 0.125" tomorrow morning, but worried about moving the rear out because i'm already wicked BOW-LEGGED...

my shoe size is 10.5" and my forefoot width is 4.25"...Fogman 2007 size 11 (shell says size 10) and i'll have to measure my ankle distance tonight...

Board footer