Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sat, Dec 6, 2008 3:36 AM

mikemichigan

Fin setting for an old dude?

Hi Everyone.  Just found the web site and love it.
In previous years I had been skiing a D3 X5 Pro and prior to that a SixAM (both 67 inch).  I had been running a consistant 22 off at 32 mph.  Due to back problems I struggled to make 15 off @ 30 mph all last summer.  I am 52 yrs. old and the back problems are long term.  Even though I am barely 180 lbs. I have decided to purchase a Radar Senate at 69 inches.  I have always set my fin at factory neutral, do you think that I can move the fin forward to make the ski "feel" shorter in the turns and still give me the lift I am looking for in wake crossings?  I am planning on moving my boots all the way forward - this seems to be where I am consistently most comfortable.  I only ski the course.  I plan on skiing at 28 to 30.  I use double Animals.  Dragging out of the water is a pain on the back - the wider and longer ski should help.
Thanks,
Mike from Michigan

#2 Sat, Dec 6, 2008 3:53 AM

Zane
Foot Forward: Left

Re: Fin setting for an old dude?

Mike, Sorry I dont have much insight on this for you. But I do have a question for you. Where in Michigan are you located and where do you ski at? Just curious as I am also in Michigan. Looks like we are in for a snowy winter this year. Gotta find some time to get on the twin sticks again....

Zane

#3 Sun, Jan 11, 2009 4:31 PM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Fin setting for an old dude?

Mike,
     I think you will find the Senate a great match for you.  I would not however do the changes that you have stated above.  Ski the ski at factory setting first and report what you feel back on the forum.  I will help you make the setting changes necessary.

Board footer