Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, Nov 27, 2008 6:20 AM

wytechnology
Foot Forward: Right foot Forward

Looking for Lake Elsinore, Ca regulars to help train for slalom course

I have been skiing since 7, but until this summer have only been able to get out once a year at most...for the last 30 years. That means I have only been able to sustain my skill level. This summer, got a Ski Centurion and have finally been able to start to spend enough time to actually improve. Got an F1, and that has forced me to become a better skier...as in order to have optimal control of that thing, I have to go 36 on glass.

Anyway, I live in North San Diego...but they recently closed San Vicente, and with exception of El Capitan (only open late spring, summer, and early fall) have no where to go. Also, no slalom course. Just last week, I spent my first afternoon on lake elsinore in about 20 years.

I plan on beginning to train on the slalom course there, as I am new to that scene. I would like to train with someone who has experience on the course, and can push me to the point where I can be ready to do a competition (if I chose to) by next summer. I learn fairly quickly, and am looking for possibly the regulars at lake elsinore that are at a competitive level to help me get started. My brother is also skiing with me semi-frequently, and lives close to Elsinore.

Any guidance would be appreciated, and even if you can just point me in the right direction of who to ask, that would be great. Lake Elsinore is very close to Canyon Lake, Ca.

#2 Thu, Nov 27, 2008 6:21 PM

mfcardoni
Foot Forward: Left

Re: Looking for Lake Elsinore, Ca regulars to help train for slalom course

Hello Wytech,
Glad to hear you have been re-bitten by the slalom bug! Several of us here in Lake Elsinore have also, and will be skiing through the winter months as we attempt to perfect some of the newer concepts like "west coast" and the teachings of guru Rossi...

You are welcome to join the rotation...please reach me at [email protected]
The objective is to groom technique through freeskiing, and then take it into the slalom course at the Channel in Lake Elsinore and/or Canyon Lake. I am the Sales Mgr at Calif Skier, so I have access to both.

We'll be happy to help you reach your goals and be ready for next season's tournaments!

Cardman

#3 Thu, Nov 27, 2008 8:21 PM

wytechnology
Foot Forward: Right foot Forward

Re: Looking for Lake Elsinore, Ca regulars to help train for slalom course

Fantastic...look forward to it. Have a great Thanksgiving, and I will be contacting you guys after the holidays.

Board footer