Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Oct 31, 2008 12:55 AM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

2009 MasterCraft Pro Water Ski Tour looking for Sponsor

Next year, the pro tour is looking for a title sponsor! The sponsor will have an awesome opportunity not only to promote their brand, but they'll also be doing a great service to our sport. Water skiing might not be as popular as ball room dancing, but it sure is cooler! If you have any leads on a potential title sponsor for net year's Pro Water Ski Tour, please drop us a line through the contact link!

#2 Fri, Oct 31, 2008 2:12 AM

BuoyChaser
Skis At: Long Pond, Northwood NH
Foot Forward: LFF

Re: 2009 MasterCraft Pro Water Ski Tour looking for Sponsor

what's a common interest we all share in watersports, that would benefit from exposure of an event like slalom and jump events?!?

let's list some companies that we're on the fence about, but would buy from?!?

has to be a WIN, WIN for them, right?!?

COFFEE
   - Starbucks vs Dunkin Donuts

HOME IMPROVEMENT
    - Lowes vs Home Depot

TVS
     - Sony vs Samsung

GAMING SYSTEMS
     - wii vs xbox

in my opinion there has to be some sort of "Lobbyist" that goes around recruiting big companies to want to take the audience of "SLALOM ENTHUSIASTS" and win them over to buy their product or service.

2008 MC PS197 with ZO upgrade with 2011 Radar Senate C 67" working to smoke that 36-28 consistently in any tourney.

#3 Sat, Nov 1, 2008 9:22 PM

JP

I know that the pro tour is a Master craft thing but how crazy is it to get a company like Correct Craft or Malibu to step up?

#4 Sat, Nov 1, 2008 11:16 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

1) Those companies won't put in the amount of money needed to become a title sponsor... 6 figures would be optimal.
2) MC owns it so they want their boats pulling it I'm sure. Don't think they're going to let any other towboats in on the deal. If they wanted to sponsor the event and get their name out there, I'm sure they'd let them... but MC dealers and MC corporate are putting $$$$$$ into the event already. Adding more towboat sponsors would kind of under mind that ideal, unfortunately...
3) no one in the industry has the dollars to become a title sponsor, and out-of-industry sponsors have the most to gain from the title sponsor position anyways...

#5 Sun, Nov 2, 2008 12:05 AM

Zane
Foot Forward: Left

What about getting one of the Cell phone companies to get in on the game? AT&T or Verizon maybe?

#6 Sun, Nov 2, 2008 2:59 AM

JP

Do i remember right that Coors light sponsored the tour years ago?

#7 Sun, Nov 2, 2008 4:20 AM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

a few
Different brews
Did so choose
To spew
Their views
On those