Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#26 Wed, Oct 29, 2008 10:37 PM

Hack
Foot Forward: Left

Re: Who's still skiing?

Still skiing here in NorCal.  We were going to go this morning, but one of the other guys got called in to work.  Probably go Sunday.

We plan to ski through winter.  It doesn't get too cold...often.

#27 Thu, Oct 30, 2008 2:15 PM

royc

still skiing here in SoCal. Water temps are low 70's air temps range from hi 50's early am to low 80's mid day.
favorite time of year!!

#28 Thu, Oct 30, 2008 3:14 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

The last few days in Orlando have been Sunny but unseasonably on the chilly side. Feels a lot more like December! But blue skies and calm waters are still around. Trees are still kinda greenish, better than brown, for sure! And the water temp is still 70. Perrrrfect.

#29 Thu, Oct 30, 2008 9:05 PM

lcarnes

After local snow storms two days ago, we skied on Lake Lure today.  Water mid 50's and air about 60.  Toasty warm in a dry suit.  I love the way my ski performs in the cold water...my body is a different story!

#30 Fri, Oct 31, 2008 1:19 AM

PhenomMP

There are plenty of us ( just the diehard course skiers ) stiil out in Georgia North of Atl. its still in the high 60 low 70's. ( wet suit is nice but the dry suit is amazing) we try to go year round

#31 Sat, Nov 1, 2008 4:27 AM

SethStisher
Foot Forward: Lefty

We're still rolling in Charleston.  It has been cool, but looking better over the next few days-wek and the water is hanging in there.  This is my favorite time of year in SC.

#32 Tue, Nov 4, 2008 2:48 PM

SC_swerve
Skis At: Lake Murray

I agree

#33 Sat, Nov 8, 2008 11:03 PM

Galejan
Skis At: Tunsättersjön
Foot Forward: left

Last saturday 1nov. we had our last competition for the season,after that we take up the boat.
It was a sunny day with no wind and 31(-0,5*C)in the air and 37(2,5*C)in the water,thin ice covered half the lake in the morning and a few passes with the boat was nessesary to free the course from ice.
The hardest was 3 rounds with the same wetsuit otherwise it was a great day!!!
Now I have to rely on friends with boat for some freeskiing until the ice comes to stay.
There is some pitcures here: 
www.fotosidan.se/gallery/view.htm?ID=222985

#34 Sun, Nov 9, 2008 4:54 PM

go46ball

Its snow ski season!

Taos all winter, you better make it out to ski with us WADE.

PJ
www.edgeskifilms.com

#35 Mon, Nov 10, 2008 1:01 AM

Zane

hey PJ are you out there with Jason and Carley?

#36 Mon, Nov 10, 2008 3:11 PM

kstateskier

We've had about a 1.5 week cold stint here in Southwest Missouri.  water temps are still decent in the low 60's but its been windy cold...  I'll probably get out once or twice more before New Years.

KstateSkier
"The only thing standing between you and your goals is you"

#37 Thu, Nov 13, 2008 2:11 PM

smoothasglass
Foot Forward: Rt

Still goin strong in Myrtle..... water 58 air is 60 to 70 love it with no jetskis.

#38 Mon, Nov 17, 2008 6:56 PM

MChilcutt
Skis At: Utah Lake

Skied on Saturday water is 42 air was 45. Going tomorrow air in the 50's

MC

#39 Mon, Nov 17, 2008 11:46 PM

Hack

Skid yesterday.  Water temp was 62deg.  Air was around 70.  It's un-seasonably warm lately.  Should be cooler this week, but water should still be above 60...

#40 Thu, Nov 20, 2008 1:21 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

Still doing a lot of stuff wrong here

#41 Thu, Nov 20, 2008 5:20 PM

Zane

looks like you have some nice weather though wade. Its snowing in Michigan and the ponds right behind my house are FROZE already...Looks like its time to dig out the snow skis.. and try to get some time on those and maybe a trip to Taos to see Jason.

#42 Fri, Nov 21, 2008 1:25 PM

mgb

I went a couple weeks ago water was very cold ,barly ran 35 one time.  then blew out two seals on the dry suit and called it quits.  however we have manmade ice-snow with natural snow dusting on the slops here in NC so im breaking out the snow skiing gear this weekend.  I want to see if I can work on counter rotation on the ski slopes through the winter..

#43 Sun, Nov 23, 2008 6:17 PM

CarlyClifton

I stopped skiing in September....been riding my bike a lot, and now I'm getting ready to start skiing again.....just on snow not Water!

#44 Tue, Nov 25, 2008 5:18 PM

Hack

Ski'd again 11-21.  Air temp 39, water temp 61.  Gettin' pretty cold now...

#45 Tue, Nov 25, 2008 6:32 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

39 degree air?! I think that puts you put in the lead for coldest air temp so far this season!...

#46 Mon, Dec 1, 2008 2:36 PM

MChilcutt
Skis At: Utah Lake

40 degree air and 40 degree water Saturday on utah lake. Looks like we may ski again this Saturday.
Ive been watching SLASH on my new Plasma w/ surround sound what a sick group of skiers!!!!!!!!

MC

#47 Mon, Dec 1, 2008 9:34 PM

2gofaster

Supposed to be 80 degrees on Wednesday. We've had 60 degree and howling wind or 60 degree and raining for 3-4 weeks now. I'm guessing Wed will be my last chance for the year as I think the orthopedic quack is going to want to cut on me in the next two weeks. sad Finding out Thursday after today's MRI.

Shane Hill

#48 Mon, Dec 1, 2008 10:43 PM

ColinBuchanan
Skis At: SkiTek

Good luck with your surgery Shane! We have a guy down here at the projects who had his knee put back together this summer and he is coming back stronger than ever.  Stay strong and DO YOUR PHYSICAL THERAPY for whatever your injury is! Good luck and God bless.

Colin Buchanan

#49 Tue, Dec 2, 2008 2:52 AM

2gofaster

Thanks Colin. I found out today that my previous doctor had been treating me for the wrong muscle tear for the last 4 months. LOL. I guess now is as good as any time to fix it! Take care.

Shane Hill

#50 Tue, Dec 2, 2008 1:22 PM

BuoyChaser
Skis At: Long Pond, Northwood NH
Foot Forward: LFF

We've got solid ice on the pond, first in many years for Thanksgiving weekend here in New Hampshire. Looks like if this weather continues with nights in the teens we'll be ice skating in no time.

JP, you ready to hook up the skates and ski rope to the back of your sled this year to chaise some ice buoys???

2008 MC PS197 with ZO upgrade with 2011 Radar Senate C 67" working to smoke that 36-28 consistently in any tourney.

Board footer