Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sat, Oct 25, 2008 11:19 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Who's still skiing?

JP i know you had some frosty plans for this weekend ?

How many of you are still going for it?

#2 Sun, Oct 26, 2008 12:27 AM

2gofaster

Re: Who's still skiing?

We're still skiing here in Houston.  The mornings have gotten a bit cooler, so we've just pushed our start time back a couple of hours. Water temp on our ski lake is about 68 right now and air temps are mid 70s, cold enough to need a heater top to be comfortable. Or maybe I'm just a sissy! lol

Last edited by 2gofaster (Sun, Oct 26, 2008 12:28 AM)

Shane Hill

#3 Sun, Oct 26, 2008 12:31 AM

Zane
Foot Forward: Left

wow thats about what a normal day of skiing in mid July was like in Maine. Wish we had weather like that.

#4 Sun, Oct 26, 2008 12:47 AM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

It's been real rainy here in FL. the lakes came up 3 feet over the summer storms that came through. Still manageable, because it used to be about 3 feet low, haha... but still plenty of warm. I know they had snow in Nebraska already...

#5 Sun, Oct 26, 2008 10:29 AM

Andyb

Still skiing here in the Uk, well injured at the moment but air temperature 12c but next week cooling down to 4 to 5 and maybe some frost.

#6 Sun, Oct 26, 2008 11:30 AM

BuoyChaser
Skis At: Long Pond, Northwood NH
Foot Forward: LFF

Suppose to be 68 or higher today in New Hampshire, WOW!!! Water temp is going to be bone chilling, stopped steaming in the 40s, so that's not good.

2008 MC PS197 with ZO upgrade with 2011 Radar Senate C 67" working to smoke that 36-28 consistently in any tourney.

#7 Sun, Oct 26, 2008 1:44 PM

2gofaster

It's supposed to be a chilly 85 here today. smile Heading over to the ski lake in about an hour.

Shane Hill

#8 Sun, Oct 26, 2008 6:07 PM

JP

We sure did have some frosty plans but we really lucked out with the weather! it ended up going from heavy rain and cold yesterday to being up around 60 and sunny today!

I would just like to thank everyone who came out to support it and look forward to find out what the total donation will be for breast cancer research!

JP

#9 Sun, Oct 26, 2008 6:27 PM

Zane

JP sounds like you had some good weather for a good cause.

#10 Sun, Oct 26, 2008 7:47 PM

cliveous

there's still plenty of us skiing at south lake in the UK and there will be all winter as we are installing a sauna and it should be up and running in 2 weeks. how cool will that be????

Clive

#11 Sun, Oct 26, 2008 9:34 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

Sounds a little sweaty! Just the thing you need to keep you going this winter.

#12 Mon, Oct 27, 2008 12:57 AM

BuoyChaser
Skis At: Long Pond, Northwood NH
Foot Forward: LFF

JP wrote:

We sure did have some frosty plans but we really lucked out with the weather! it ended up going from heavy rain and cold yesterday to being up around 60 and sunny today!

I would just like to thank everyone who came out to support it and look forward to find out what the total donation will be for breast cancer research!

JP

Certainly a great turn-out and totally short-n-shirt weather on the beach, NICE!!! Great turn out and some impressive skiin', despite the 50deg estimated water temps. Great job JP!!! Good thing Wade didn't come though, otherwise it would have been cold-n-rainy!!! wink
http://lh5.ggpht.com/buoychaser/SQS-dB8U-kI/AAAAAAAAQgM/ZHGdMJ8sGrQ/s800/IMG_0905.JPG

2008 MC PS197 with ZO upgrade with 2011 Radar Senate C 67" working to smoke that 36-28 consistently in any tourney.

#13 Mon, Oct 27, 2008 1:02 AM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

Haha awesome! It looks awful frosty there!! Very fall-esque, in NE!

#14 Mon, Oct 27, 2008 1:12 AM

JP

All i know is the boat was saying the water was 139 deg when i was driving!

#15 Mon, Oct 27, 2008 1:29 AM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

13.9 C ?

#16 Mon, Oct 27, 2008 1:30 PM

SC_swerve
Skis At: Lake Murray

Still skiing in SC. Water is 68 F. Air this past weekend was 75 F.  Looks to be dopping to a high of 65 by this weekend.

#17 Mon, Oct 27, 2008 1:54 PM

efverstrom
Foot Forward: lefty

I stoped skiing in sweden in the beg of oktober. Thats why I'm in Santa Fe right now(where a lot of people is still skiing), water is about 75 and air about the same! The Jump ramp is almost fixed from when Ike picked it up and sank it.

#18 Mon, Oct 27, 2008 2:45 PM

MChilcutt
Skis At: Utah Lake

Still skiing in utah. Water is 51 air is in the 55-60 range.

MC

PS watched Slash lastnight. what an awesome video!!!

#19 Tue, Oct 28, 2008 11:37 PM

aslalomboy
Skis At: buchli lake
Foot Forward: left

Last day of skiing for me was on the 18th down at Powell.  I winterized my boat on the 20th.  so, MChilcutt, did you make it down to Powell over fall recess weekend?    Aaron

#20 Tue, Oct 28, 2008 11:48 PM

snow1122

Still skiing up in Arvin, Ca last Saturday, cool morning but a balmy 86 degrees in the afternoon.

#21 Wed, Oct 29, 2008 12:13 AM

2gofaster

At least for the next few days we're in winter stand by mode here. Sunday it was 85 degrees out, and yesterday and today we were lucky to see 65 with it at 33 when I woke up this morning. Supposed to be 80s by the weekend, though, so the boat will come back out of the garage. smile

Shane Hill

#22 Wed, Oct 29, 2008 8:11 AM

jwroblew

Still skiing in Toledo Ohio, water temp in the high 40's air temp in the 50s, temps getting below freezing at night is keeping the water nice and cold...  Probably will put the boat up in a week or two. :-(

#23 Wed, Oct 29, 2008 12:10 PM

2gofaster

DAMN! Even in a dry suit I can't imagine skiing in 4x degree water! I guess us southern boys are sissies! lol

Shane Hill

#24 Wed, Oct 29, 2008 1:08 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

The coldest i ever skied was at home in Mass, mid-October, with 45 degree water. It didn't seem like that big a deal with 60 degree air, but I was wearing a shorty and I may have got a nose bleed from the cold. Not sure how many of you have had a nose bleed while skiing, but the combination of water, wind and speed has tendency to scare the boat crew severely. (sorry, no pictures of that one!)

#25 Wed, Oct 29, 2008 8:53 PM

ScotChipman

This week it about it for us in Utah except for the ocassional day before the water freezes some time in December. Water is still in the low 50s.

Scot Chipman

Board footer