Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, Oct 16, 2008 9:02 PM

Zane
Foot Forward: Left

Ski size

Ok here's the deal. I have an older HO Mach 1 thats 66''. I need to know if I can still ski on that or if I should be on a longer ski. This is the same ski that I was using before joining the Army 6 years ago. I am 6'2'' and weigh like 245 or so. I am going to try to get back into skiing next summer if I can get in contact with the local ski club and see if they would like a new member. Any help would be awesome. thanks

Zane

#2 Fri, Oct 17, 2008 1:57 AM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Ski size

Uhhhhh 245 dude?

The mach 1 is prob way soft on top of the fact you're probably overweighing it at this point :-)

I want to say 68 until you get your ski legs back under you. Probably could get away with the 67 dependent on what model but youd have an easier time on the 68 i think.

www.ski-it-again.com has some great deals.

#3 Fri, Oct 17, 2008 2:54 AM

Zane

yea man getting out of the Army got a little rough on me. I pretty much boycotted running or working out since I was forced to do it everyday for the last 6 years. But I am getting back into running and biking now.. so hopefully be back down around 215 by next summer.

#4 Fri, Oct 17, 2008 11:13 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

nice, I don't blame ya. How bout them bo sox! Walkoff after bein down 7-0 is nice bit the true test will come over the weekend. Mannys not heading to the world series but hopefully Tampa isn't either!

#5 Sun, Oct 19, 2008 11:46 PM

Zane

yea man definatly..back to back World series would be GREAT. but not as great as getting back out on the water. I am so stoked for next summer already, and winter hasnt even begun  yet. Now I just gotta find a club or get a hold of the guy at the one here some how. I will figure something out

#6 Mon, Oct 20, 2008 6:19 PM

ChrisRossi

I would say you are looking for a 68 or 69 inch slalom.  Glad to see you stepping back in the water!

#7 Mon, Oct 20, 2008 7:13 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

Sox -

#8 Mon, Oct 20, 2008 9:35 PM

Zane

thanks Chris. Wade what happend man? our sox fell apart and the rays took over. Oh well there is always next year I guess we still got hope for the Pats and the celtics at least.

#9 Mon, Oct 20, 2008 10:24 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

The pats are going to need more than hope on their side as long as Caselle is at QB!

Good news is the Rays will probably (hopefully) win. Your going down Philly!

>Standing by for the Boston Bruins Stanley Cup Championship!!!

#10 Tue, Oct 21, 2008 2:22 AM

Zane

yea they need a little help. But Cassel is doing alright seeing how he has been a backup since his senior year in high school. I think we might be waiting a bit for the bruins though. and I agree go Rays!!!!

Board footer