Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Jul 11, 2008 2:14 PM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

2008 67" RS-1 Settings

Double Boot
29 1/4"
17"
9 degrees

Rear Toe Plate
29 3/8"
9 degrees

#2 Sat, Jul 12, 2008 8:55 PM

slalomdude

Re: 2008 67" RS-1 Settings

Chris,
Just recently got a 67 RS1. Skied about 10 sets on it. I set it up with the Bindings at centre position. I saw your settings and measured my front boot , it was right at 30". I moved it back to the back hole and can only get to 29.75. I am using a D3 leverage rubber front and a HO rear kicker. Should I try it at this setting or do you have any suggestons. I measured to the rubber, not the plastic horseshoe.
Thanks

#3 Sun, Jul 13, 2008 10:50 PM

ChrisRossi

Slalomdude,
     D3 bindings always mount far forward on our Radar product.  Don't know what to tell you other then you are still 1/2" too far forward and the ski will not perform up to its potential mounted that far forward.  Different plate, different binding, or different ski?  Up to you.

#4 Tue, Jul 15, 2008 9:32 PM

slalomdude

Chris,
Can I mount a binding and Rtp to the sequence plate?.  I will try to get hold of an animal front plate, but I still have the Ho rear toe as far back as I can go , but my toes are squashed up against the front boot. The Radar inserts seem far forward for the dimension that the boots need to be.
Thanks

#5 Wed, Jul 16, 2008 1:43 PM

ChrisRossi

Don't know what to say other then you need to get to 29 3/8" with the front heel and then try to keep the spacing you normally run with the toe.  Can the toe assembly move forward on your RTP?

#6 Sun, Jul 27, 2008 8:55 PM

2gofaster

I set up my RS1 and RS1 bindings today, Chris.  To get to 29.25 on the sequence plate, I have to run it 1 and 1/2 hole back. Does that sound right?

Shane Hill

#7 Mon, Jul 28, 2008 12:07 PM

ChrisRossi

Shane,
     My settings are not the factory settings, so just do your best to get as close to my settings as possible.  If you want to double check your positioning, take your back boot off the plate and measure it as this is the most accurate way.  Also, when measuring, I use the bottom of the rubber just above the heel.  Where the rubber meets the leather is a consistent point I can rely on.

Chris

#8 Mon, Jul 28, 2008 1:06 PM

2gofaster

Ahhhh. Gotcha.  I made the assumption that your foot locations were close to factory.  Actually, what I did is measure the front boot to the tail of the ski at the lower stitching, which is where Eddie said they get their measurements from. Then I measured from the tail to a spot on the sequence plate in line with the bolt holes and scribed a mark. Now I can measure the back of the front boot to the tail without removing the rear boot.

Shane Hill

#9 Mon, Sep 1, 2008 9:21 PM

mwneedham

67 RS-1

Chris,  Perhaps you can lend some insight.  I am a MM/M4, 34 mph skier, 185 lb. with an average of 3@39.  I have been on an old 68" Jobe MPD (proto-type) for three years.  Due to recent poor scores and a visual inspection of the ski bottom, I moved to a new 67" RS-1.  Long and short, I am having some difficulty setting it up to get the performance I want.  Should I be on a 68 or is 67 the correct size?

I have tried numerous fin settings, all with front binder at 29 1/4 as recommended.  The current fin settings are:

Tail:  .77
Depth: 2.50
Length: 6.86
Brake: 7 degrees.

I have not been able to get "off the ball and GO".  Today I moved the binder one hole forward and the ski turned with a smaller radius, the tail dropped in at the end of the turn.  The ski tip now is slighty to aggressive so I am wondering is moving the fin back to .75 or so would smooth things out.  I am getting much better 1 balls @ 38 and 39 and want to keep that turn, but want more speed thru the wakes.
Am I moving in the right direction?  Any insight you have would be greatly appreciated.  Also, how does the flex of the Jobe MPD compare to the RS-1?

Thank you very much for your help and insight.

MWN

#10 Wed, Sep 3, 2008 3:26 AM

ChrisRossi

Where did you run your settings on the 68 Jobe?

With bindings forward, I would say you need to take out length.  try 6.850 to start.

Chris

#11 Wed, Sep 3, 2008 11:12 PM

mwneedham

Chris,

Thanks for the response.  With repsect to the old 68 Jobe, my settings were as follows:

Boot:  29 7/8
Depth: 2.5
Length: 6.86
Tail: .78
Brake: 7 degrees

Just to check, is 67 the length I should be on or would a 68 be better?

I checked my fin prior to skiing today and found the lenght to be 6.88, not 6.86.  The ski was coming inbound too quickly.  I did return the settigs to 6.86 and it seemed to cast out better.  I will try the 6.85  as you suggested.

Thanks again for your help.  This is a great forum and service you are providing.  Also, best wishes for a rapid and full recovery from yuor injury.

MWN

#12 Fri, Sep 5, 2008 12:23 PM

ChrisRossi

I would recommend you ride a 67, but everyone is different, so a 68 is not out of the question.  How did the ski feel at 6.85?

#13 Sun, Sep 7, 2008 10:08 PM

mwneedham

Chris,

Thanks again for your help.  With respect to the length at 6.85, I have ridden it two days now and it seems to be working pretty well.  I actually ran 39 for the first time in a LONG time.  The ski is now very fast off the ball and the turns are very solid and quick.  Also, the turn in for the gates feels great and I am getting great 1 balls, setting me up early into 2 ball.  The only thing I feel is although I am very wide going to the next buoy, the ski comes inbound very quickly (initiates the turn) and I feel slightly narrow at the ball. (this is particularly on my on-side turn...right foot forward.)  Would moving the fin back from .77 to .75 make the ski "longer" and keep it out bound longer?  Or should I just get used to the set-up and hold the lean lightly longer?

Again, thanks for you help and insight.  Really feeling more and more confident on the ski.

MWN

#14 Sun, Sep 7, 2008 11:14 PM

ChrisRossi

Try 0.765

Board footer