Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Jul 11, 2008 2:09 PM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

2008 68" RS-1 Settings

Double Boot
29 3/4" Front Boot
17 1/2" Rear Boot
9 degrees

Rear Toe Loop
30"
9 degrees

#2 Tue, Aug 12, 2008 3:55 PM

jmccavit
Foot Forward: Left

Re: 2008 68" RS-1 Settings

Is there a 2008 model RS-1? I thought the the RS-1 was a 2009 model. Do you recommend different settings for the 68 RS-1 @ 34 mph? Double RS-1 Bindings. What fin is shipping with the latest RS-1 skis? Silver, Black, Gold? My fin is silver and what I have read is that it is the same as the gold fin that was used on the MPD. Is this true? What is the story with the black fin some say Radar is currently shipping? What fin do you use?

#3 Tue, Aug 19, 2008 11:59 AM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

When did you get your ski?  We have had a few different fin shapes.  Right now, we are shipping with a silver fin that is of a higher quality than any fin I have ever skied with.  It is the traditional shape that has been proven over the years.  When Radar first came out, we had a gold fin.  This is what we call a fat-back fin as there is more material at the bottom back of the fin.  This helps drive the tip of the ski in the water in the pre turn.  The black fin we have/had is a traditional shape (non fat back) and is the same shape as the new silver fin we are currently shipping.  I ride the new silver fin and in the past I was riding the black fin.

#4 Fri, Sep 5, 2008 1:51 PM

2gofaster

Just got my 68 RS1 that's taking the place of the 67RS1. On the 67 I could not make your settings work. I had to run the bindings way forward. And it felt good. But on the 68, your settings are spot on. It would appear that I needed to be on the 68 to start with. smile All of a sudden, I'm so early that I'm having to "ease up" on my edge change otherwise I run the risk of  turning right into the ball.

FWIW.......that silver fin must be made of some crazy hardened aluminum. I'm using a Schnitz mini wing and you have to drill a new hole for it. Getting the drill bit through that damn thing was a pain in the butt.

Shane Hill

Board footer