Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, Sep 4, 2008 9:46 PM

2gofaster

What Size Ski would you put a Woman on?

Chris and Wade, My girlfriend announced that she wanted to start skiing with us a few weeks ago. She's very athletic and picked up wakeboarding with ease earlier in the summer. A few weeks ago, I put the boom out, pulled her up, and let her ride beside the boat, but she's never done a deepwater start on a slalom yet. So, what is a good choice of a ski to put her on? I'm wanting to get her something that she can learn and improve on and start running the course, but not something too radical. Is there really a reason to put her on one of the women's skis like the Lyric, SP, etc? Or is that just marketing hype with pretty colors? I'm tempted to get a Senate for her. But the Lyric can be had for peanuts right now. Thoughts? Thanks

Shane Hill

#2 Fri, Sep 5, 2008 12:14 PM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Re: What Size Ski would you put a Woman on?

Radar Lyric is perfect.  It is based off the Radar Senate but with a flex pattern designed for lighter skiers.  For boot, try the Radar Rail front with the toe loop option.  Check out radarskis.com for more info.

#3 Wed, Sep 10, 2008 8:59 PM

mbabiash
Foot Forward: left foot forward

Re: What Size Ski would you put a Woman on?

My wife is on an old Goode  9100 with RS 1 front and rtp.  She skis the course at 28 mph full pass occasionally.  Is this ski OK for her or would she benefit from a ski like the lyric better until she progresses to top speed.
Matt

Board footer