Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sat, Sep 13, 2008 5:35 AM

westcoastbuoy

Radar Annex Reviews, Please?

I am looking for a new ski, currently skiing the course at 15 off 30mph and am looking for a ski to improve on. I am 6'1 and 185 lbs.
Can anyone recommend the annex? Has anyone skied with it? Any comments, concerns?

Thanks for your help
Westcoastbuoy

#2 Mon, Sep 15, 2008 5:45 PM

Deke
Skis At: 15/34
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Radar Annex Reviews, Please?

What are you on right now?  If you are comfortable on it keep working on your skills.  I wouldn't change skis unless something is really wrong as it will add a new variable to your progress.  I am speaking from my own experience as I am about the same level at 32 mph.  Two new skis later I can tell you that the best thing you can spend money on right now is coaching and gas in order to ski more.  I won't deny that it is really fun to get new equipment but getting more repetition (with guidance) is best.

Deke

#3 Tue, Dec 9, 2008 2:36 PM

ColinBuchanan
Skis At: SkiTek
Foot Forward: Left

I would agree with Deke on this one.  If the current ski that you are using is a good softer flex ski then stay on it until your skiing progresses to a speed and line length the would require a ski with a stiffer flex (i.e. the Annex).  While the Annex is softer than say an RS-1 it is still made with stiffness for 32-36 mph. Keep skiing on what you got until it can't handle your skills anymore and good luck!

Colin Buchanan

#4 Wed, Dec 10, 2008 12:02 AM

2gofaster

If I were in your shoes looking at that ski, I would probably pass on it and go for the 67 Senate C instead. I think it's wider forebody will do nothing but help you at the slower speeds. It's a hot rod that a lot of people overlook, IMO.

Last edited by 2gofaster (Wed, Dec 10, 2008 12:03 AM)

Shane Hill

#5 Sat, Dec 27, 2008 4:09 PM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

The Radar Annex is built out of the same mold as the RS1.  The PU core that is used in the Annex provides a more damp ride.  This makes for a more forgiving ride as the ski is slightly less responsive to mistakes and water conditions. 

The Radar Senate is it's own mold.  It is 0.2" wider than the RS1.  We keep the concave width the same as the RS1, so the outside edges of the base grow a flat spot.  This is very similar to what you would see on the base of the SixAM and the A1.  What this does is allow the ski to roll up on a higher edge angle.  I find this to be very effective when the ski width increases because a wider ski will naturally want to ride flatter.  The Senate and Carbon Senate are fantastic and probably our best choice for 34mph skiing, tournament or free skiing.  I have run 39off on both of these skis and I strongly recommend skiers take a good look at these skis if they are 34mph top speeds.

Hope this info helps you.

Chris

#6 Sat, Jun 19, 2010 5:59 AM

Boomi

Thanks a lot for your detailed thoughts, I think you saved a lot of us time and return shipment moneys.

shoes reviews

Last edited by Boomi (Mon, Jun 21, 2010 10:55 AM)

Board footer