Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Sep 26, 2008 7:43 AM

Andyb

D3 Binding Placement on Radar Ski

I read somewhere on the forum that D3 binding are too far forward for Radar skis ? Is this correct what other options are there ? My draft boot is falling apart slowly (again) so thinking of D3 custom or wileys. Sticking to rubber and using rtp.

Andy

#2 Fri, Sep 26, 2008 1:01 PM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Re: D3 Binding Placement on Radar Ski

Andy,
     I don't know exactly how far off the D3 bindings mount on the Radar but I know that middle holes do not put the binding where it is supposed to be.  Do you have a local shop around?  Can you bring your ski in and see if you can get close to where you are running now?  If you are running a Draft, why not get another?  The HO Animal will mount up as well.  I do not think you will like the Wileys.

Chris

#3 Fri, Sep 26, 2008 5:12 PM

Andyb

No local shops, well 2hr drive for closest to try really. I had three draft boots last year sent them all back as they kept breaking(shipped the bad batch to the UK I reackon!), had to get this year from US, hasn't broke like last year, but stitching has gone and the black peeling away every time I ski. Not really worth shipping it back to the US, for a replacement.
What are the rail boots like ? Haven't seen many people on them over here ? Can you release out of them as rubber or are they a type of rubber ?

Andy

#4 Fri, Sep 26, 2008 6:51 PM

slalomdude

Andy,
I had the same problem, I got an HO animal plate and you have to remove the D3 footbed and glue it onto the D3 Plate. The other option is an animal boot. For me, the D3 is way more comfortable than the HO

#5 Sat, Sep 27, 2008 8:44 AM

Andyb

Would it be possible then to use the radar plate that came with the ski and attach the D3 boot onto that ? The animal boots I have never tried but used D3 before with no problems.

#6 Sat, Sep 27, 2008 11:55 PM

slalomdude

No, I asked Eddie R. the same question. He advised me against it. Use the Ho plate on your D3 and you will be set

#7 Mon, Sep 29, 2008 8:51 PM

Andyb

Thanks for your help, I will give that a go.

#8 Sat, Mar 20, 2010 8:06 PM

mad4slalom

hi, have just changed ski from d3 custom x to radar rs1, not tested it yet but was wondering about advice for offseting f and r bindings, it has been set up with left foot forward pointing slightly to the right and right foot pointing slightly left, any advice ? pb last season was 3 at 13m 34mph am 50years old 87kilos 5ft 11 tall

#9 Sun, Mar 21, 2010 11:20 AM

TheShirt
Skis At: Clemson, SC
Foot Forward: Right

I have a brand new pair of large Draft bindings (not the Enzo) that I am probably going to list on ski-it again shortly.  I am trying a Goode, and it has the powershells on it, and I think I'm sold on hard shells.  No point in keeping that spare set.

What I did to beef up my original pair of Drafts was to replace that cheezy string they had on them (some broke on the 3rd set) with 1/4" rope.  It was a pain to get them set up initially through the slip-locks, but once I did that, no more problems.  My rear heel ripped off, but I "modified" it and added screws between the factory ones, and never had another issue.

But, as I said, I don't need mine any more.....

Board footer