Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Mon, Sep 8, 2008 2:47 AM

MChilcutt
Skis At: Utah Lake
Foot Forward: Right

RS1 Boot Replacement

After crossing the second wake today i went out the front and sheared my hardshell RS1 boots right off of the plate. The inserts inside the boot sheared off leaving half the insert on the screws and the other half inside the boots.
Has any one else had this failure?
Will Radar replace these? I would have posted photos but cant see how to do that on this site.
Thanks MC

#2 Mon, Sep 8, 2008 11:35 AM

2gofaster

Re: RS1 Boot Replacement

MC, Call 4253696851 and ask for warranty. If for some reason you don't get responded too, call back and ask for Eddie Roberts.

Shane Hill

#3 Mon, Sep 8, 2008 5:24 PM

MChilcutt

Thanks Shane,
Radar is taking care of everything.
MC

Last edited by MChilcutt (Tue, Sep 9, 2008 10:56 AM)

#4 Mon, Sep 8, 2008 8:42 PM

MChilcutt

Does anyone think i need to loosen my upper laces?
MC

#5 Mon, Sep 8, 2008 9:07 PM

2gofaster

I run mine pretty loose.  Basically, just barely snug. The looser I've run them the better they've felt, especially once I heat molded the liners.

Shane Hill

#6 Tue, Sep 9, 2008 11:39 AM

ChrisRossi

MC,
     Sorry to hear about your boot issues.  I'm sure they will get you dialed in with a replacement set.

#7 Tue, Sep 9, 2008 2:06 PM

MChilcutt

Nick at the south store has a new set on the way.
MC

#8 Wed, Sep 1, 2010 8:57 PM

mad4slalom

help , i am sick as a girrafe with a stiff neck, my 4 month old rsi boots  have fallen to bits, the panel behind the ankle is cracking and tearing , these boots have done 30 sets only and are perfect all over bar this panel on both boots, they have never been left in the sun and have never seen salt water, I had them sent from bennets in the states to the uk, will radar sort this out ? I love the system , great comfort and response but a big problem with faulty material, i heard radar know of this problem but class it as a wear issue not a warranty issue, surely this cant be right. what do I do next ?

#9 Wed, Sep 1, 2010 9:32 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake

It's worth noting your 4 month old RS-1 boots are probably 3, in not closer to 4, years old.
Sitting in the box that long could leave the rubber relatively brittle. That panel is the most
likely point of failure on the shell, but I have not heard of a systemic problem with the RS-1 boots.

If you had been using the boots since 2007, it would absolutely be a wear issue and probably not be warranted. Contact Bennetts for help, or go straight through Radar. Neither make a habit of leaving customers in a lurch with relatively new equipment.

Board footer