Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Sep 3, 2008 6:32 PM

MChilcutt
Skis At: Utah Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Pivoting Front & Rear boots??

I ski RFF. This spring when i made the switch from Animals to the RS1 on my monza i went from no pivot to pivot on front and rear. I have both feet pivoting the front of my feet to the left. My first set in the course this spring with the new set up proved to be really good. My offside turn was easier than ever and i skied right into 22 off which is what i struggled with the season before.
    Last week i skied the RS1 and had a hard time getting the ski to turn on the offside (still working with Rossi on this) just wondering if the pivot could favor the Monza but not the RS1. Another question is my improvement coming from the rear pivot and not so much the front pivot on the monza???
So i guess i am looking for general feedback on pivoting and wondering if certain skies favor a pivot. And if pivoting the front foot is beneficial??

Thanks MC

#2 Fri, Sep 5, 2008 12:21 PM

ChrisRossi

Re: Pivoting Front & Rear boots??

I tend to pivot the front boot open ever so slightly (pinky toe closer to the outside edge) and my rear boot twice as much as the front in the opposite direction (pinky toe closer to outside edge).  I like my spacing between boots to be as close as the boots allow.

#3 Fri, Sep 5, 2008 1:25 PM

MChilcutt
Skis At: Utah Lake

Rossi,
    Do you ski right foot forward??

MC

#4 Mon, Sep 8, 2008 5:27 PM

ScotChipman