Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, Aug 28, 2008 4:16 PM

mdv

Connelly Concept

I have a great offer of a Connelly Concept 68" ski.  Problem is, I'm 165-170lbs.  So the recommended size for me is 67".  However, I presently ski at around 28-30mph.  So....Would the extra inch give me a bit more surface area to stay on top of the water at a speed probably a bit slower than what the ski is meant for?  In other words, is the 68" maybe a better choice due to the speed I ski?  Thanks everyone!

#2 Thu, Aug 28, 2008 7:10 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Connelly Concept

The newer concepts are soft & wide, which would probably let you get away with riding it. However, I would say the ski probably wouldn't feel very good for you at much faster than 32 miles an hour.... as long as you're looking to improve your scores, this might hold you back and you'll be looking for a new ski when you get up a little faster --- But if it's a good deal in the meantime, go for it.

try before you buy is always the best advice on this sort of thing. You'll know after 1 set whether or not a ski has potential.

Board footer