Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, Aug 19, 2008 9:12 PM

JC

RS1 Questions...

I am having some issues on my off- side(2-4-6) and my RS1. At 34 mph all is well and I am actually skiing better than ever - early, wide, countered, balanced and into 32 off. As soon as I bump the speed back up tp 36mph the ski will not stay calm on my pre-turn on my offside, what I mean is the ski actually porpoises or hop's out of the water then dives before the ball, almost like I am on rollers.
I am concious of it now and even when I am set up perfectly (for me) going into the pre turn the ski starts to rise and dive repeatedly until I eat s**t! 3 bad crashes in the last week. Let me just say my RS1 bindings are working perfectly, both feet out every time, out the front, body slide, whatever. But I am a little unnerved with these crashes, not to mention other club members and my wife!
I am running the set up that Rossi has up here for a 68'' RS1, except for recently moving my wing to 7*.
Everyone who has witnessed this all say the same, it just comes out of nowhere, I am not late and my position is pretty good with lot's of width.
How do I make the ski not jump and dive on my pre-turn?

#2 Tue, Aug 19, 2008 10:00 PM

2gofaster

Re: RS1 Questions...

JC, If it's porpoising into the offside, that's usually a sign that you need more tip pressure. You can move the front binding one hole forward, increase the wing angle, lengthen the fin, or move the fin back. All of those things will increase tip pressure on the offside, with moving the binding forward having the most effect.

Shane Hill

#3 Wed, Aug 20, 2008 10:10 AM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

JC,
     How does your on side feel?  I'm confident we can work this out.  Also, what is your height and weight?  What size RS1 boots do you have?  Thanks for a little more info.

#4 Wed, Aug 20, 2008 4:01 PM

JC

Onside feel's good, not really an issue. I am 6'1'', 205 lbs running size 11 RS1's.
It seem's just as I initiate the reach and release it does this, I will bump my binders up one hole tonight and see.
It did it again last night at 34/ 28 off but I was able to fight through it because of the speed difference.
I love the ski so I can't wait to sort this out.

#5 Mon, Aug 25, 2008 7:26 AM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

JC,
     Did you try the binding move?  Can you post some video?

Board footer