Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Aug 15, 2008 1:45 PM

BuoyChaser
Skis At: Long Pond, Northwood NH
Foot Forward: LFF

MPD vs RS-1

Chris - What is the difference in feel between the MPD and RS-1? I'm very tempted to try Justin's now that he has a 66". I had heard they have a softer flex, which might be more forgiving?

I know in comparing the two, the RS-1 is definitely THINNER as it was interesting for him mounting the Fogman screws. I haven't thrown them on the scale yet to see the difference in weight, but they appear to be lighter. I know Justin loves the ski in comparison to his F1 he was riding before. Thanks - Scott

2008 MC PS197 with ZO upgrade with 2011 Radar Senate C 67" working to smoke that 36-28 consistently in any tourney.

#2 Tue, Aug 19, 2008 11:53 AM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Re: MPD vs RS-1

Scott,
     The skis come out of the same mold, so they should be the exact same thickness.  We have gone with a higher quality resin and carbon construction which makes the ski lighter and more responsive.  Guys that have gone from the MPD tot he RS1 have noticed that they are coming into the buoys earlier then they were on the MPD.  The rocker and flex has changed slightly due to the change in materials.  Give it a try...if Justin will let it out of his grasps!

#3 Fri, Oct 10, 2008 11:35 PM

BuoyChaser
Skis At: Long Pond, Northwood NH
Foot Forward: LFF

Re: MPD vs RS-1

Free skied on the 66" RS-1 tonight and ooooohhhhh, felt nice. Came right around on my offside. Feels somewhat "floatier" if that makes sense, but certainly seeked out an edge nicely. Buoys are raised to give it a rip in the morning, always the test!!!

Water is colder here, but certainly Justin did a much better job drilling the holes than I did on my 66" MPD. Fogmans feel nice and tight and the plate rides the ski much nicer, not so loose feeling.

2008 MC PS197 with ZO upgrade with 2011 Radar Senate C 67" working to smoke that 36-28 consistently in any tourney.

Board footer