Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Aug 13, 2008 9:34 PM

jmccavit
Foot Forward: Left

Rossi Riding Reflex ?

ROSSI RIDES REFLEX bindings... picture posted on Schnitzskis web site. Why is Chris riding REFLEX bindings? I purchased RS-1 binding after reading Chris's rave review.

#2 Wed, Aug 13, 2008 9:45 PM

ScotChipman
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Rossi Riding Reflex ?

Chris,

Are you now on Relfex? If so why the sudden change?

Scot Chipman

#3 Wed, Aug 13, 2008 9:46 PM

2gofaster

Don't know that I'd read too much into it. With Chris coming off that ankle injury, he may have temporarily needed the extra ankle support that a true hard shell boot provides.

Shane Hill

#4 Wed, Aug 13, 2008 10:08 PM

Sam

2gofaster- righton.

You'll also see in Schnitz's picture that his ankle is taped. I'm pretty sure he's riding a super modified hybrid rear toe plate hardshell to match up with his front boot, and his signature 135 side still isnt up to a healthy par. Just glad to see him ripping passes deep... hopefully he skis well this evening and puts the questions to rest.

For those of you who have experienced severe ski related ankle injuries, commonly what happens is that the boot you were in for your injury pressures your ankle in a painful way - changing it up is sometimes the only way to get back on the horse.

Stay tuned for details-- and dont go trade your RS1s for a reflex boot quite yet. Although Schnitz will sell you a reflex, if you want it :-)

#5 Fri, Aug 15, 2008 4:50 PM

Garn
Skis At: Utah Lake

Where is this picture?  I don't see it on Schnitz's site.

Garn

#6 Fri, Aug 15, 2008 4:55 PM

BuoyChaser
Skis At: Long Pond, Northwood NH
Foot Forward: LFF

I was on the site, for some reason Schnitz must have removed it. Parrish picture is still up there, saying he rides Reflex.

2008 MC PS197 with ZO upgrade with 2011 Radar Senate C 67" working to smoke that 36-28 consistently in any tourney.

#7 Tue, Aug 19, 2008 11:30 AM

ChrisRossi

Sam was right on.  The Reflex boot allowed me to ski due to its stiffness.  I skied nationals on the Reflex.  I am in London now getting ready for the ProAm and started riding my RS1's again.  Coming back from this injury has been tough.  I have learned to enjoy being on the water more and don't let the frustrations of the comeback bother me as much.  It's tough knowing you have more in the tank but aren't reaching your potential.  Just got to keep skiing and the rest will come.  Injuries are a part of skiing.  take your time in the healing process and try to take a positive look at it....

#8 Tue, Aug 19, 2008 4:58 PM

ScotChipman

It is great to see you skiing tournaments again and to hear you are back on your RS-1 boots. Good luck this weekend in the Princes Pro AM!

Scot Chipman

Board footer