Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, May 15, 2008 5:18 PM

scfrick

Looking for advice on a ski upgrade...

I am new to the site but my love for skiing has been with me forever. Last summer I was able to attack a course for the first time and made it through with surprising ease. I ride a 2006 O'Brien Siege 68" and feel like I have outgrown the ski. It has been great to me, but I am wondering what I would gain by upgrading. I haven't ridden any other brands or experimented too much. What will a new ski do for me? Where and how should I start my search? I am 22, 6'2", 175 lbs...

Thanks a lot,

Sam (p.s. this site is awesome!)

#2 Fri, May 16, 2008 1:33 AM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Looking for advice on a ski upgrade...

Sam,
     I would recommend a 66 Radar RS-1 and Wade would suggest a 67 Connelly F1 or Prophecy.  Either will be a sweet upgrade to your old stick.  Do you have a shop near by?  If so, try to demo any of the skis mentioned above.

Chris

#3 Fri, May 16, 2008 11:43 PM

MDI

There is only one option... The Radar RS-1 (formally MPD?)  The ski is simply amazing.  Last year was my first year on it, and wow!  It gets my vote any day.    Good luck with your decision.

#4 Wed, Aug 27, 2008 12:54 AM

greg haskett

I would also like to pose the same question to Chris or Wade or anyone else with some good advice. Right no I'm on Connelly F1X and I'm contemplating a prophecy, A1, rs1 or nomad (d3). I'm 200 lbs and I'm pretty much 6 ft even, maybe a half inch under. Any recommendation on ski lengths for these brands and any feedback on the nomad?

#5 Wed, Aug 27, 2008 8:59 PM

ChrisRossi

If you are riding a F1X, I would suggest starting with a Prophecy or the RS1.  I have not skied the Nomad, so I have no insight for you.

#6 Wed, Aug 27, 2008 10:57 PM

greg haskett

Do you think a 69 is what I should go with or a 68?

#7 Thu, Aug 28, 2008 10:29 AM

ChrisRossi

Board footer